Mini Tone-Master review by Fender

Fender: Mini Tone-Master

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

The sound on this thing is great. It is loud for it's size. It only puts out one watt but it is enough to fill up a few rooms in my house. You cant get a really loud clean sound out of it though, but the dirty sounds are really good. The amp alone sounds like my Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal, and the amp with the pedal is amazing. I can get great pinch harmonics out of it, with or without the pedal. You can get anything from a clean sound to a nice bluesy sound to a good rock tone with the amp alone. The tone knob adjusts the tone from high to low, it takes a while to dail it in but when you do its great.

It's a great amp. Loud for it's size, it's got the Fender name so you know it's good. I've always loved little amps like this. Good little amp, if your picking between this of the little Marshall ones get this, you won't regret it.

This amp isn't really gig material. It's tiny. It's like the little Stonhenge from Spinal Tap. It hasn't let me down yet. I got it for Christmas, and as long as you replace the battery, and keep it away from large dogs it should be fine.