Mini Tone-Master review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Fender: Mini Tone-Master

Purchased from: eBay

I typically play heavy metal and surprisingly this amp does pretty well. The speakers break up almost immediately from just turning the volume up a bit so adding any gain just breaks them up even more. That being said, you can actually clean it up a bit by turning the gain down and using the volume on your guitar. I take my Les Paul everywhere with me and this amp does just fine. As far as brutal distortion goes, its brutal in the fact that those crappy little speakers were not meant to be used for a guitar amp setting.

You know, this amp is what it is. Its a cheap novelty amp that usually cost around $25. If your expecting any more than that, move on. I think this little amp is a great deal for the price. If it were stolen, I would probably buy another just to say I have one. They really are handy on the road.

I have dropped this thing, tossed it in a corner, banged it in my bags and it just keeps working. It is made of plastic so it is just a matter of time before it gives.

I have no idea when this little amp was made. This is a one channel amp that has two 2-1/2" speakers in it. I suspect that when these were made they were made as a novelty. I actually use this amp when I am traveling. It is perfect for hotel/motel room use. It can get loud enough to disturb the neighbors but rarely gets turned up that loud. Now obviously this a solid state amp. There only thing this little amp has are a guitar input, Gain, Volume, Tone and power knobs.

Insanity ninja
    fenderstrat6485 wrote: Why do we need a review for this? It's a $20 micro amp...
    There are reviews for $20 pedals? Why not this? You can compare it to other micro amps.
    Cris5949
    PLEASE Do not take this thing seriously. I have one and I love it, but it is a novelty. Its great for practice in a college dorm since it can sit next to me and not take up space. Miniamps are great, but thats all they are, Miniamps
    Cris5949
    Multiplayerjon wrote: yeah Yeah Yeah... I like it too but needs a Belt Thingy so i can have a "Walking Gig"
    I have one and there is a little metal stand that pops out in the back so it can lean back a little. That part fits under my belt and I CAN walk around with it.
    slimmetalpickin
    Shornifier wrote: Want it. When I read 'obviously a solid-state' I thought 'What if they made a tube version...!'
    It would probably melt