Mustang I review by Fender

Fender: Mustang I

Purchased from: musician friend's

Im using this amp with my Ibanez GRX40 it has default pickups wich are the following, in the neck possition it has PSNDS (Powersound Single)/STD-S1/Single Coil, in the mid position has PSNDS (Powersound Single)/STD-S2/Single Coil, and in the brige possition has PSND2 (Powersound 2)/STD-H1/STD-H3/Humbucking, and it sounds perfect, Is not noisy at all, I live in a very humid place and it works just fine, it has 12 modulation effects wich are, chorus, chorus deep, flanger, bias/sine tremolo, optical/vintage tremolo, optical/vintage tremolo fast, vibratone slow, vibratone fast, octaver, phaser slow deep, phaser medium and step filter it also has 12 delay/reverbs effects wich are the following, tape delay 150ms/ one repeat, stereo tape delay 300ms/ 3 repeats, mono delay 700ms/ 4 repeats, small room reverb, plate reverb, large hall reverb, Fender 65' spring reverb, Fender 63 spring reverb, tape delay room, tape delay/large hall, ducking delay/Small hall and Echo filter. It also has 24 presets using the mentioned effects, the clean channel does not distort at high volumes, and the distortion is pretty good, it has 3 presets for modern rock and they are awesome.

I play Nu metal, heavy metal, trash metal, well all sorts of metal, and some blues, and it matches me perfectly, I have been playing for two years and I have a Boss ML-2 distortion Pedal, My Ibanez GRX40 electric guitar a Vox wah pedal and a Metal muff distortion pedal, There is nothing I wish I had asked before buying it, If were stolen or lost I will buy it again right away, What do I love about it, well Everything, its light, compact, the 24 efects and the 24 presets its heveanly. I did compare it to a Marshall I don't remember the model, but it was 15 watts and it only had distortion as an effect and the price tag was 150.00 and in the other hand My Fender Mustang I Moduling Amp, has 24 effects, 24 presets, it has a cromatic tuner and the price tag was 99.00.

I can totally depend on it for a gig, it has never broken down, it came flawless from the store, it fell down once and it is still intact. It is made in carbon fiber so, knowing that it will last and that it will protect the amp, the grilclothe is kinda streched so if you accidentaly kick the amp the kick will bounce back intead of damaging the speaker.

The amp was made in late 2010, This amp is perfect for me, I play songs from System of a Down, Serj Tankian, Disturbed, Iron Maiden, Metallica and so on, and its matches me as a musician as well.I love this amp as it is, so I don't wish it had anything else. I use this amp to practice in my room and to rehearse with my buds, its 20 watts but its so loud. it has one input channel, one footswitch channel, it has one headphone output, has an auxiliar input, and one USB port to download free effects. It also has cromatic tuner. and you can modify any presets and then save it.

Zeus.jr
    save up a couple of HUNDRED? I repeat... 'a modelling amp for THIS PRICE is unbelievably great' If you think it's worth another couple of hundred for an amp thats probably marginally better, then go and spend your money and stop complaining.
    Damoes
    I bought this amp today (mustang I). I tried a vox VT20+, the Vox pathfinder 15r and the mustang and the mustang came out best for me. It can be pretty loud if you want to but you can turn it down without losing tone perfectly. This is the best practice amp for me!
    Gio Ozkr
    HoddiDarko wrote: A nice review. I would like to try this amp out. If I would have to practice in a small space and not being able to blow everything away with my Mesa all the time, I would definitely consider some of these modeling amps to use as a practice amp.
    This amp its 20 watts but it is LOUD, so if you want a practice amp this is a very good one, and you can use it at mini gigs too
    BrickfaceBoy
    Not a bad amp at all.. Very loud (If I play with the volume above 4 it gives my wife a headache) yet very bassy.. To be honest the amp combined with the Fender Fuse program is great for beginners, but the effects are kinda limited otherwise.. I'm waiting for future firmware updates to see what Fender can really do with this amp and software..