Mustang I review by Fender

Fender: Mustang I

Purchased from: backbeats music

I am playing a Jackson JS23 dinky with this amp. I don't think I could lable my style of music because it is so wide span, but everything I play, the amp delivers good quality sound for it. The amp can be very noisy and not all of the presets are garunteed to sound good, but with the Fender fuse software that is included with the amp, you can apply your own presets on the Fender fuse library. It plays well in just about all environments. The amp has a very large variety of sounds and effects it can make. The clean channels sound smooth at high volumes as long as you don't try to overdistort it with the gain. Its easy to figure out how far you can take the gain up on the clean channels before it effects the sound. The distortion is extremely brutal, and in my opinion, badly underrated. I'm not a huge metal fan, but when I do play metal riffs and licks, the distortion is vicious. Great sound quality from the Fender Mustang amp.

I play all styles of music and the amp has been able to meet all of them so far. I've been playing for about 2 years, and besides my guitar and amp, I own no other gear. That is even more reason to believe this amp has great quality, considering that I play all types of music and I get quality satisfaction from the sound without any pedals. If this amp were stolen, I would definately buy another one, because it gets me where I need to be at and for the price, you absolutely cannot beat it. I love everything about it, but my favorite feature is the usb jack with the Fender fuse software. I compared it to a Fender G-DEC Junior carbon, and even though the carbon was more expensive, I feel like the mustang 1 gave me a way better inpression. This amp has just about everything on it that I think I would want it to.

You can defenately depend on the Fender Mustang amp for a gig without a backup. It is very small, but don't underestamate its high volume. It can get very loud. The amp has never broken down, and it is very durable. It is a 1x8 combo amp, but it still gets the job done. This amp can take a lot of abuse, and it will still have a great quality.

The Fender Mustang series amps are fairly new, and the mustang 1 is a great practice amp for any style of music you could think of playing, from bluegrass to metal, and everything inbetween. It has a standard gain, volume, treble, bass, and master volume control, along with 24 different presests.(8 presets on each level)Those presets are the 57 deluxe, the 59 bassman, the 65 Twin reverb, the british 60s, the british 80s, the american 90s, supersonic, and metal 2000. They have three different levels to put each one on from the amber lighted level, the green lighted level, and the red lighted level. Also the amp has a mod and dly/rev control with 12 different levels on each one. The amp has an aux jack, a footswitch jack, a headphones jack, and a usb jack for the Fender fuse software to download and create your own presets, which is the best feature of the amp. You can customize the green and red lighted levels of your amp with the Fender fuse software to save your own presets, or download someone elses on the Fender fuse site. Another great key feature of this amp is its built in chromatic tuner. It is highly acurate, and easy to read, with distinguishable lighting from red(out of tune) to green(in tune). Overall a great amp.

thanielvsnate
    Mrfussytabs wrote: i played throught this amp yesterday and boy, does it RING on the twin reverb setting. does anyone know if it comes with the usb cable that is needed for connection to the computer? and if you wanted to record with it would i use my regular 1/4->usb cable or the cable that may or may not come with it??