Mustang I review by Fender

Fender: Mustang I

Purchased from: Musicroom

I am using it with a Squier Bullet and a Vintage Metal Axxe Reaper, and the clean sounds from the 57 deluxe and the Twin Reverb are crystal clear. As for the distortion models, you won't get anything that heavy and the metal 2000 setting just gives alot of buzz. For this reason I'm giving it a 7.

I play anything from Guns 'n' Roses to Metallica and it can just about squeeze enough distortion to play them. To solve the problem of the heavy distortion I am getting an Electro-Harmonix metal muff. I also really like the noise gate that is built in the Fender fuse software.

It is made from wood and is covered with a plastic. It is really well made. This thing is as solid as a rock. I've dropped it lots of times and it still looks brand new. I reckon this thing could withstand a nuculear blast. I think you could easily gig with it in smaller places, although my parents tell me to turn it down when I have the volume on 3 :).

This amp has 8 different models ranging from 57' Deluxe to Metal 2000. It has a modulation knob, aswell as a delay/reverb knob. The best bit about this amp is the USB connectivity allowing you to share other user's presets. It also lets you create your own.

werewolf22
    Awesome amp., I have one. Some of the presets are good, some just ok. The unique thing that really puts this amp. in front of the others is the software and the ability to create a ton of tones with it and then download & save it to the amp. Very cool and well made.
    SaVDoG
    This looks like it has a lot of great extra features for the price. USB recording to PC, the FUSE software to save extra presets and tweak them. But, I am wondering about something. It looks like you can only select presets and you cannot really tweak the effects in real time; you have to go to FUSE to change the presets. You are limited to the saved effects setting when you are playing. Is this true?
    SMMSWEDEN
    I tried Mustang 1 and 3 - very good sound from both. The Fender cleans are really tue to the originals,
    @SaVDoG you can change some part of the effect, not all of it. everything can be changed in fuse only, and every from 24 sets, cause from amp, in real time, you can change 16 of them (green and red lights). what you can do is: change effects gain, volume, bass and treble (bass does not affect it that much unfortunately), delay, reverb, and modulations mentioned somewhere above, you can't change speaker/studio simulation called "cabinet" (which in some cases sounds best with it turned off), middle tones, presence, noise gate, and additional pedals (as auto-wah effects) which are set in fuse "before or after" the main effect (like metal 2000, read - distortion) (but you can still turn them off in real time). so the answer to your question is yes and no.
    gitaarsjaak
    I'm seriously considering buying this amp, but how does the Mustang I sound with a Fender Telecaster?
    no mid knob in it, true, in fender fuse software you can change mid channel, what you need is a computer, but actually this is its biggest inaccuracy. I've heard some amplifiers, maybe not that many, but what can I say is that it might not just be fender advertisement, this little amp sounds pretty good. I own it for about half a year now, and it suits whatever guitar sound comes to my mind, what's more - sounds accurate, clean, jauntily or moody (if you want it to). easy to use (nice interface) software gives plenty options - it's hard to find anything that might sound impossible for one of its effects. what I've tried is: metal, many kinds, like post, post rock, all kinds of rock actually, blues, and any other cleans - with those, del/rev knob seems to be especially useful. it reacts perfect with guitar tone knob, in my case it's cort kx5. it has noise reduction gate, about which I couldn't find much information while buying it. this amp is just smooth, only thing that comes to my mind - lack of low tones from fenders 8" speaker. maybe I'm not that objective, cause I play often with 100W speakers, anyways, thats the only thing I don't like that much (but it has phones line out of course, so you can just use it as multieffect though, and it works), and none mid knob. I'd say - for its price, mustang I definitely deserves 9/10 overall, it's damn versatile, seems durable, I haven't noticed any problems with it, it's lightweight, and small - perfectly suits the room. about eq pedal, i don't think it'll work properly, it's all digital, you have to take it into account, it digitalizes clean sounds either (but sounds perfect), so it probably won't work with any pedal, but as I said - mid can be changed through fuse. I recommend!