Mustang I review by Fender

Fender: Mustang I

Price paid: € 120

Purchased from: Schreeven Nijmegen

I own a Fender Standard Telecaster and I mainly play blues, rock, pop and jazz. For all those genres, the amp sounds great. I think it's fine for metal too, although I'm not an expert there. I've tried it with an Ibanez GRG 270B too, sounded fine. It's not a tube amp, but the "preset amps", like the Twin Reverb or the Super-Sonic, approach the sound of the original tube amps very closely. The sound quality stays the same when you turn the volume up or down. It doesn't hum or makes unwanted noise. Considering the price, I'd give its sound a 10, because I don't think you can get a greater amplifier for 120, - (The Mustang II and the Vox VT15 are perhaps slightly better, but also they cost 50-60 more). Compared to other amplifiers without looking at prices I'd give it an 8, so a 9 it is.

Great amp. If it broke down I'd get another one the next day. Sound is great for almost every style of music and every guitar. The features can give you whatever sound or effect you're looking for, beginner or advanced player. I'll give it a 9, because nothing is perfect.

I've only been using this amp for 2 weeks, so I don't know if it's loud enough for gigs. For a pub gig or band rehearsel, I'd say yes. The amp does look durable and solid, partly because its closed back. However, I think the knobs may be a little fragile.

Since most of the features have been named, I've only few additional info. The amp is closed-back, 20w, size is about 20x40x40 cm and weight is about 17 lbs/8 kg. It has a footswitch- auxiliary- headphones- and USB input. The interface (already described) is easy to use, and so is the Fender FUSE software. In my opinion, there's nothing more you can add to an amplifier (except tubes). The software gives you even more hours of fun and a great variety of sounds.

gitaarsjaak
    ignore last comment - i've bought the amp, sounds great, and i've added a review.