Mustang I review by Fender

Fender: Mustang I

I use it with an Ibanez GIO GAX30 with single coil pickups, it helps make my guitar sound better because the pickup quality on my guitar isn't very good. It suits my style (Hard rock and metal) because of the presets function and the Fender Fuse software where you can download effects and presets and you can get the sound of many different amps in one. It can make a variety of sounds. The distortion is okay and all of the other effects work fine. I can get very close to the tones of my favourite artists with it.

I mostly play hard rock and metal, it matches my style perfectly but can also match any style of music. I have been playing for 5 years and I own an Ibanez GIO GAX30 electric guitar, a Cort AC12 Nat acoustic guitar, a Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion pedal, a Crate Flexwave 15R guitar amplifier and a Fender Mustang floor pedal which was cheap and you can save presets on it for a quick change. My favourite feature is probably the presets function, I like it because I can change tones in a second or two, instead of sitting and turning all the knobs to find a good tone. If it were stolen/lost I would buy the same amp again because I love it. Before I bought it I compared it some Vox amp in the same price range and liked the Mustang more. If you're looking for a very good amp go for the Mustang.

I would definitely use it on a gig without backup, I can rely on it to create any sounds I would like. It has never broken down or had any problems, it always works perfectly. I enjoy using it a lot and love it's sound. I will be getting a new guitar soon and I can't wait to see what it sounds like through my Fender Mustang 1.

The Mustang series were made in 2010. It suits any style of music that you play. It has 1 channel, 1 headphone jack and 1 CD input jack. I use it in my room for practice but I could use it on a gig because it's capable of that. It has more than enough power for me. I wish it had more presets to save. It has many effects such as... Delay, reverb, wah, chorus, octaver, tremolo, flanger etc. And you can download more on the Fender Fuse software, which I think is amazing. It also contains a chromatic tuner which I find very helpful.