Mustang I review by Fender

Fender: Mustang I

I'm currently using an Ibanez GRX70QA with stock everything. The Mustang fits my music style pretty well which rock (Guns n' Roses, AC/DC etc) but then again I'm not that picky. The sound is a nice consistent sound and the volume is good for a practice amp.

This amp has blown me away especially with the ability to connect to the computer and open up more advanced options. That would definitely be my favourite feature. My least favourite feature is the fact that you cannot have more than one modulation effect at one time. Before buying this amp I compared it to the Vox VT20+ but the ability to connect to the Mustang to the computer won me over the Vox. If my amp was stolen I would be too poor to get one but I might consider getting a different amp provided I have the money.

I have only had this amp for a few months so I cannot judge it on reliability. But then a again this is a solid state amp which means it does not require the changing of tubes. I would probably not use this amp in a gig for it might not be loud enough with a heavy handed drummer.

The Mustang 1 is a great beginner modelling amp (solid state). It come with volume control, gain control, bass control, treble control, master control, pre-set control, modulation control and delay/re-verb control. The Mustang has a headphone jack for jamming through headphones and a auxiliary cable for plugging your mp3 into. The amp only has one input channel but comes with 12 built in effects and 12 built in delay/re-verb options. The amp itself can store 24 presets but when connected to the computer (through USB input) you can create virtually unlimited presets.

sn00ze
    For the beginners and those who are still not sure what they are after, this amp is perfect. Decent sound (consider the price) with tons of effects and modulations, plus you can try some recording and other "mixing" with Fuse software.