Mustang I review by Fender

Fender: Mustang I

Purchased from: Amazon.com

I usually use a agathis strat with Texas Special pickups. Its solid state so don't expect it to blow your mind. The amp's got a few real good clean settings (65 Twin Reverb = Epic), but the default overdrive settings suck (even more so on a humbucker). You do have freedom to mess with presets using Fender fuse. The distortion is ok once you mess with it but some of the delays are a little lacking. The real thing that disappoints me is the fact that if you bring the master volume higher than 7 it sounds terrible. All this aside, the amp is more than good enough to be a practice amp that you'll never grow out of, but don't expect to go on stage with it.

I play a lot of the standard blues driven rock music, along with alternate rock. This is the only amplifier that I personally have owned but played many other's amps. I looked at other amps before I got this one, but the pricetag made this one an obvious choice. Its an amazing amp for the price, but If the amp was lost I would get a different one once I had the money.

This amp has never broken down yet *knock on wood*, but I would not depend on it for a gig unless it wasn't a big one and I didn't need to use any distortion or overdrive. Its built pretty sturdy and you don't have to worry about changing tubes. I suggest plugging it into a surge protector if you have one, but its definitely not a bid deal. I would say it is a really reliable practice amp.

It was made in 2010 or 2011. It's solid state. It is more than versatile enough for me to be a practice amp (great for any genre), but I'd prefer something a little better (and more wattage) for a Jam session. It has 24 saveable presets and comes with Fender Fuse software. I use only a small amount of the effects because I don't like most of them. When you find the combinations of digital amps and effects you like, then it sounds great... As long as you only use that guitar.