Mustang I review by Fender

Fender: Mustang I

Purchased from: The Music Room

I am using a ESP LTD-50 with this amp and I have to say it sounds great. It packs quite a punch when turned up to full and along with its many built in presets you can mess around for ages until you get the perfect tone. One thing I will say is that if you plug in an electro-acoustic guitar on a clean setting it can distort a little even at lower volumes although this is probably something that can be resolved by tweaking the settings. For the price paid the amp sounds great and there is plenty of potential to create some truly astounding tones.

I have been playing for near enough 2 years now and this is my favorite bit of gear. Its great value for money and is a great practice amp that will last. I play mostly Indie rock and grunge through it with the odd bit of acoustic practice but whatever style this is a great amp. If it was broken or lost I would get this amp again in a second. Although maybe I would go for the Mustang II for a little more power. When combined with the Fender foot switch you can also switch tones instantly which is a must have feature. I HIGHLY recommend this amp if you are looking for a practice amp that's great quality and value for money!

YouTube preview picture

So far the amp has been reliable after six months and I have had no problem with it. One thing I will say is that the outside covering is made of some sort of imitation carbon fiber material which is really soft and there is a really small dent in the bottom of mine along the edge which is surprising considering how careful I am with it... So not the sturdiest build. It is also light for a 20 watt amp. Not one I would want to go to a gig with as also the controls although feeling sturdy probably couldn't take too much damage before breaking.

Ok, so this is my second practice amp I have brought and it has got to be one of the best purchases I have made in my 2 years of playing. The Mustang I is PACKED full of features and preset sounds that are great. It has a USB out so that you can plug the amp into your PC or Mac and use the Fender Fuse software to create your own effects. You can also download other peoples preset effects and save them to your amp. The possibilities are almost endless! Another cool feature is that it has a jack that can be used as a line out, or you can plug your MP3 player in to play along to your music.

GramasUnderwear
    I had mine in my car at a gig..my other guitarists amp went..and guess what he used?? And I tell you what...mic'd up, this thing kicked ass. I've gigged it a couple times as well...and I have a kick ass Marshall setup..but man..let me tell you. This little thing will get the job done. I learned a lesson with this one for sure. Sounds like some of you are in need of the same lesson.
    BillyMartin3rd
    I have a question for all fender fuse users,why won't my amp connect to fender fuse I've tried two chords already but nothing.Please help