Mustang II review by Fender

Fender: Mustang II

Purchased from: Moeller Music

Play with a MIM fitted with VN pick-ups. Played next to a Twin reverb, did the A-B thing, and wickedly close. You can't tell a difference. Most of the amps modeled are dead on. Interestingly enough, the Fender deluxe reverb is not one of the eight amp models offered, but can be substituted in. The Vox and Masrhall are also freightenly accurate.

Fender hit a home run on this. Sounds very close to the old tube sound, with little to none of the modeling sound. The effects are good, but quite great. For the money, this is awfully tough to beat. You can have a lot of fun with this amp. I have been playing for over 25 years, and am exited when something this good comes out, and cost so little

So far, so good. But only have had this for one month. Typically fenders hold up very well. I am sure if you dropped this from any downtown tower might make an amusing crash, but outside of this, you can say it is a safe bet. I will advise further later when the family leaves, and I can jack up the volume to a "10".

New amp, I think came out late 2010. Very versatile, can cover lots of sounds. Pretty much use for just playing at home, but capable for using for garage type playing or even a small venue. Lots of bells and whistles, and when used in conjuction with the FUSE software, is virtually inlimited. Everything with the exception of extreme heavy metal is what this amp is all about.

Hampdachamp
    Dear Leo Fender, THANK YOU!!! Perfect for any guitarist looking to explore new tones. Crank it up and start jamming! Best 100 bucks I've ever spent!
    majestone
    I bought the Fender Mustang II from American Musical Supply in February (2011) and as soon as it arrived I plugged my Fender Starcaster (HB at the bridge) into it and dialed in the Delay with Metal 2000, plenty enough distortion to play the (sustained) metal riffs I play and the delay has enough time, and it has a tap mode that I got a huge range from. Then I turned it on Super Sonic, there is a noticable difference and it sounded good also when I chose hammer-on/pull-off and slide licks. After shredding for a while, (liking the sound), I decide to check out the cleaner presets with reverb. Now I know why fender is so famous for their clean sounding amps with some reverb!! It came with a USB cord and software Fore Fender Fuse, Amplitube and Live Lite 8 recording software. The footswitch allows you to get 2 presets (I use clean w/reverb and distortion w/delay mostly) This is an incredible deal for a 40 watt/12" speaker combo amp w/modelling and effects for only $200!! I am glad I bought it, (now I'm going to buy a Jackson JS32R Dinky for an axe upgrade). Happy Customer
    gitaarsjaak
    Apart from the wattage, is the Mustang II very different from the Mustang I? Does the 12" speaker (and maybe other features) make such a difference that it's worth for me paying the 70,- extra?
    pacman122666
    Ok I was trying the Mustang II out at a local music store and I was playing really heavy metal music on metal 2000's and it sounded amaizing so I don't see why this is downrated towards heavy metal music =p
    kkpanu9
    I was thinking of getting this or a vypyr 30. I play mostly heavy metal,and i like recording, and posting videos on youtube. Not sure which one to get.