Mustang III review by Fender

Fender: Mustang III

I play a Fender American Standard Stratocaster and no matter what stlye I'm playing, I can dial up the sound I'm looking for. The Fender presets have a wide range of tones, some you'll like and some you'll want to change or tweak but all of them can be fantastic and the sound through the 12" Celestion is stunning to say the least.

Overall, I play classic rock, Modern Rock, Originals mostly and this amp nails that tube sound. For you tube-junkies out there that think nothing can compare to a real tube sound, I've had them all, from Fender Hot-Rods, Blues Devilles, Supersonics, JCM2000 Marshalls and this amp "nails the sound" like no other modeling amp I've heard. Stunning on the Vintage tube tones like the tweeds and blackfaces, and the Marshall tones are fantastic as well..Nothing compares to this on the market and the fact that it's USB, direct into your computer to adjust and teak the tones, smokes anything else out there hands down.. It even comes with a nice foot pedal and cables included, along with the FUSE software. I can gig with this, or blow the walls down in my house, either way, it's awesome.

I've never had any trouble with Fender products and of all the solid state amps out there, I'd say Fende is one of the best as far as quality. All Fender produsts are well built and usually far better than other brands as I've had them all. I've never had to call Fender for service because I've never had an issue with a Fender product. Great company and great products. I'm a Fender player, can you tell? lol

All I can say is that there isn't anything like it anywhere! It's got it all and it sounds great. From ton's of realistic amp styles, Vintage analog and modern effects, etc., it's got it. The easy to read LCD backlit screen and easy to navigate thumbwheel make it a breeze to program and adjust. Presets are a breeze and nothing compares to the modeling sound quality of this amp, nothing!

Most_Triumphant
    Yeah so its a solid state and tubes are better; but that doesnt mean its crap try playing it before judging it. The new modeling amps are actually really good.
    Ghefly
    Pippers
    adj209 wrote: Meh Peavey still has them beat for practise amps. Vypyr still kicks ass.
    Got rid of my Vypyr 30 for the Mustang III. When you get the MIII dialed in properly it surpasses the Vypyr in regards to metal. I had a hard time getting anything like a full on Doom sound on my Vypyr that likens to Acid Horse or Acid Witch, and the MIII can do it easily. Just have to really dig into the settings and setting the volume levels properly.
    ne14t
    I love the constant tube vs solid state BS. You CAN NOT compare the two against each other unless your looking at the exact same head and cab but one with tubes and one solid state. A decent tube setup will probably run you close to $1000 I bought my mustang III for $309CAD. I opted for the mustang III over the Line 6 Spider IV for a couple reasons - Fender = 100W, Line 6 = 75W - Fender has more presets/adjusability - Fender after taxes was $150 less then the Line 6 before taxes. - Fender came with Fuze software, Ableton Live 8 Lite and AmpliTube programs. Tube amps are nice if you can afford them, but they aren't going to make you some awesome kick ass player. For jamming at home or recording onto my computer this Mustang III will do it better then anyone.
    SARNUS
    ne14t wrote: I love the constant tube vs solid state BS.
    It'll never end. If they had guns instead of guitars, there'd be a 3rd world war I bet
    guypaul
    Wife got me this for a xmas present. I was astounded with what this amp can do for the price. I have gone through lots of amps over the years and this is definitely one of the best for what I do. Then I hooked it up to my laptop and a whole new world of sounds opened up. I have several modelling pedals and the Mustang provides the most authentic sounds so far.
    faithsomemore
    bought one about a month back and i gotta say, I love it. next time I wanna "trade up" for a bigger amp all im gonna do is buy a mustang 4 or 5, but thats not likely to happen for a long time, seeing as how everything I want out of an amp, i get from this one.
    Seref
    One of the two best practice modeling amps on the market.
    adj209
    Meh Peavey still has them beat for practise amps. Vypyr still kicks ass.
    Chronologo
    Ghefly wrote: I've got this amp and gotta say it's really good. Especially for the price. Don't let any tube elitist tell you otherwise. Why pay extra for dated technology?
    It's just a thing of taste, I love tube amps but I wouldn't mind having a good modelling amp like this one
    Duker63
    I Have a Vypyr tube 120. it sounds Great Eventually though the Tubes will burn out and I will have to Replace them, Plus with the Vypyr you get Features that dont work and an Amplifier that just goes dead whenever it feels like it
    Tribe1
    Had my Mustang III for 3 days, I wish I'd bought this first instead of my Vox Night Train.
    USMC 0231
    Tribe1, Its funny you mentioned the Vox NT. I've been playing mainly acoustics but wanted to get into electrics so I got the Mustang III. At first I thought I was way over my head with all the effects so I also got a Night Train15. Well after a weekend that I had free, I was able to mess around with the Mustang. Long story short, I took the Night Trin back and now just youse the Mustang III. I think it sounds better and with more options. The Night Train 15 is a great amp but for the 700 bucks for the combo I think my mustang for 259.00 is great
    GS LEAD 5
    adj209 wrote: Pippers wrote: This amp is amazing. People need to try it in store, it is definitely a huge step forward more than anything we've ever seen before. The FUSE interface is just like Amplitube in real time with your amp, and the tones you can get are the best I've ever heard. Seriously, you look at the competition for the same price, and they are toys compared to this. You can go deep and change the bias realtime and everything. F'ing amazing. Meh Peavey still has them beat for practise amps. Vypyr still kicks ass.
    For metal it kicks everything. The recto model on the Tube one is AWESOME. But it is useless for anything lower gain, IMHO.