Mustang III review by Fender

Fender: Mustang III

I'm using an Ibanez ART-120 with pair of EMG 81-85, and I mostly plays from pop to metal, so this amp really a perfect choice for me, no noise problems, amp parameters and effects are so easy to tweak, the distortion is good, no problem at all, and amazingly this amp really LOUD, even the clean channel at volume level 4 can break a glass (not really). And this amp also has a wide range of effects selection, in studio quality, never doubt to use it for recording.. but not to use it with my multi effects processor, a Line 6 pod HD300, sounds crap if i use the HD amp model sound from the pod with this mustang amp... (so thats my choice, the amp for practising and play at home, and my pod for play at cafe or gigs..)

What would I say about this amp?? YEAH! it is really suits my needs, amazing clean tone, wide range of effects selections, and really awesome distortion sounds, suits great for jazz, blues, rock, punk, to metal and what else? I love this amp and I will never let it stolen..

Well this amp is quite lighter than I thought since the first time I saw the box, but the wood housing with a sturdy leather cover finish, it would never be broken by anything unless you smash it to the moving train.. I would never worry about this amp to be taken to anywhere, is a combo, and quite handy for a hundred watt amp with a good built quality..

Okay, this amp is made in china year 2010, this is 100watt solid state modelling amp with a very wide range of Fender special amps simulator, I think this amp really suits the need of a great Fender amp in a reasonable price, and it is 100 watt of power, really great choice. This amp has 12 amp model, 7 are fender's selection and 5 the common amp models, it has a 100 presets and its editable, and comes with a handy footswitch (how it can be handy??.. lol its a footswitch), the amp features an effects loop, LCD panel, tuner, and an aux input comes along with a headphone jack, really fancy amp..

cspene
    With the way modeling amps are anymore, I doubt if10 out of a hundred people could consistently identify tube vs SS. I have always been a tube guy, but I bought a Mustang V head and wow! I don't even bring my foot pedals anymore. Lighter, more versatile, no tube expense, no warming up or cooling off, no biasing, no tube rattle or microphonics, and I can fool most all of my tube buddies. I don't care what people play but I would say in most cases improving skills will improve your tone more than tube over a good SS modeler. i.e. mustangs. And you can have just 3 or 4 tones to tweak if that is what you want.
    darkfyzer
    hey i need some advice i have a dean 350 custom floyd rose and i like to play metal rock i love bfmv and a have my guitar in drop C i think but i like to play all kind of stuf do you think that this amp is good for me? sorry for my bad english