Mustang III review by Fender

Fender: Mustang III

Price paid: € 260

Purchased from: Alfasoni

As I said I own a Gibson Les Paul Studio and I do also own a Fender Stratocaster American Standard and a Tanglewood TRSF CE acoustic guitar, and all of them sound great, specially the Strato in the clean presets and the Les Paul in the cranked tones of Marshall amps emulations. I mostly play rock, and it has great sounds for almost any song you wanna play (if you don't find the "perfect" sound for a song, as I said, you can download presets from the FUSE community made by other people that really hit the mark). You'll find perfect Eric Clapton, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Carlos Santana, Jeff Beck and even Pink Floyd sounds. If you're looking for a more Megadeth sound a Line6 amp will be better for you, but if not, this is an amp worth considering.

Overall, this is a good amp that turns to be GREAT because of its price. You're getting very nice tones and an infinity of possibilities for the same price that 3 good effect pedals, so unless you already own a great amp, go and get it. I have had it for a couple of months and I think I would buy it again. It's easy to use and it has tons of different sounds and possibilities; hours of fun insured!

It is a good amp to go Jam with, it is well made and it won't break. I can't say the same about the footswitch; it doesn't look as solid and resistant as the amp, but if you're just a little careful it won't be a problem. It is a little big (talking in means of wattage) for a regular home, but you can get a nice sound even playing at 20% of its potency.

Hi everyone. I recently bought a new Fender Mustang III amp; I was looking for a modelling amp for less than 300 . I first heard about the Vox Valvetronix series, and I actually was quite decided to buy a VT40+ amp but I went to the store and they told me about the Mustang series. I decided to try both amps with my guitar (a Gibson Les Paul Studio). I first tried the Valvetronix. It sounded good, and it had a very useful knob, which enabled me to actually choose the wattage of the amp (from 1W to 60W), what I found a GREAT idea. The amp looked nice but it sounded just good, and I wanted something more. I then tried the Mustang III, and I was literally BLOWN AWAY by its versatility and sparkling-clean sounds. Of course if you wanna play metal this isn't the amp for you, but it suits almost every style from Country to Hard Rock. Let's talk a bit about the amp features. It is an open 100W combo, it isn't very big, it fits perfectly in any room. It comes with 100 presets, what are specific sounds created by the company to emulate pedal effects and famous amp sounds (such as some Fender signature amps); however, you can download new presets from the Fender Fuse community and load them into your amp, so that you have virtually endless possibilities of sound. There's a little screen in the amp that allows you to easily choose various inputs: the amp you want the Mustang to emulate, the stomp effects (overdrive, wah...), modulation, delay and reverb. The amp also has USB and headphones output and a mini jack input so that you can connect your iPod or similar and Jam with play-along tracks. It also has an effects loop. The amp also includes a two-button footswitch, the Fender FUSE software and the Ableton Live Lite software. The only thing I miss is that magic little knob for the wattage setting, which Valvetronix amps do have.