Mustang III review by Fender

Fender: Mustang III

Purchased from: Online Music Store

I love the sound of this amp, from the classic Fender tones to the rectifier - aping metal 2000. I went to my local guitar shop on tried the Mustang II before I ordered mine just to get an idea of the tones on offer and though they might not sound exactly like the amps they're emulating they come mighty close. I use the brit 80's amp model for the majority of my live set and it really does have the gutsy mid-boosting qualities of a Marshall stack. The built-in effects aren't the greatest but if you hook up to your PC using Fuse you can tweak the sounds to your hearts content and get some great tones. It really does cover all bases and you can get any tone you want out of this amp.

I play Alternative/Rock/Indie/Blues/Metal/anything I feel like playing really and this amp can do it all. A lot of people might say its no good for heavier styles but they either haven't used one or spent enough time with one. One of the best things about this amp is the built in usb interface both for easy recording and the excellent fuse editing software. The only problem I have with it is the 2 button footswitch which can be a bit vague and will have you glaring at the display to make sure you actually did change the channel. All in all this is a great gigging amp that has a load of other really useful stuff that actually works instead of being gimmicky. Good job fender!

I've had this amp just over a year now and its never let me down. Played over 10 gigs in the past few months and I never worry with this thing behind me. It just works and I love it.

100 Watts, 100 Programmable Channels. 1 x 12 Celestion speaker, aux in, usb, tuner, 2 button footswitch, silver grille face and carbon fibre pattern finish. Packed with all the features you would expect from a modern modelling amp plus a bit more.