Mustang III review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
Fender: Mustang III

I'm paying the mustang with my Epiphone Les Paul Custom, the amp is amazing at distorted channels but however, my amp had the famous fizz issue, well, my two amps. I first got a Mustang and it worked fine for about a week but then on every note it would fizz so I thought I'd get a replacement which I did, but this amp started fizzing after 5 mins and is one is MUCH worse, I mean unplayable. It's a real let down and I'm not gonna bother getting another one, instead I'll be ordering a Fender Frontman 212R in the next few days, real let down Fender.

This amp could be so so so great, it has so many different effects and sounds, it really does push the boundaries when it comes to the effects and features Fender have put in place but however, I can't and I assume most people can't have an Amp where the clean setting is barely useable it really is a shame and a let down that Fender aren't bothered by the issue at all, and before anyone asks, the firmware update did absolutely nothing for the fizz. All I hope now is that I have more luck with my Fender Frontman 212R.

Considering both the mustangs I had turned out to have the fizz issue I can hardly call them reliable at all, but to be fair to the Mustang it feels pretty sturdy, I wouldn't have a problem using the amp at a gig without a back up but mine both fizzed.

The Fender Mustang has all the effects you could need, I play in a punk rock band and to be honest I really didn't need to have all the exa effects but I live the versatility of the mustang, there are 100 presets built in, all can be changed to the users needs and stuff, in short, the mustang has an amazing amount of features, some you'll use but if your like me, you won't use most of them.