Mustang III review by Fender

Fender: Mustang III

My main guitar is an Epiphone SG with two humbuckers, but occasionally get the chance to play with many other guitars, including a 70's Gibson Les Paul Deluxe. On distorted sounds, you can get a great range of tones, from softer Led Zeppelin to 90's grunge, or even the brutal sounds of newer bands like Disturbed or Korn. The distortion sounds have never fell short of my expectations. The clean sounds also sound very good, but sometimes there is a light hum in the background of the cleans. This is not very noticeable, however, and should not be a problem.

Although I play mostly rock and alternative music, this amp has enough effects and pre sets to cover any genre of music. If it were to be stolen, I would definitely buy a new one. For $300, it is definitely a great buy. I have a variety of pedals, but now that I have this amp with all of the effects build in, the wah is the only one I ever need to use.

Although this is a dependable amp, I would still suggest bringing a backup to a gig. The only problem I have only had with the amp is at times, the foot switch will not switch the effect/preset when you press the button. However, his could be a problem with the foot switch, not the amplifier.

I play mostly rock and alternative, but sometimes play some metal. For my music, I need both clean and distorted sounds, as well as delay, chorus, etc. This amp has all of the effects built in, and comes with 100 presets, which you are free to customize to the way you like it. This amp is easily versatile enough for any kind of music, and has more effects and features than you will ever really need to use, which can actually get in the way while you're looking for the sound you do need. The Mustang III comes with a two button foot switch, and is also compatable with a four button foot switch.