Princeton 650 review by Fender

Fender: Princeton 650

Purchased from: a local flea market

I use Gibson Les Pauls (and some copies) with two humbucker pickups. The Fender Princeton 650 has the same sound quality on 10 as it has on 2 and even 1/2. The clean channel has a nice sound quality no distortion. I recommend using this amp for small venues and maybe even medium gigs.

I have been playing guitar since I was 15. I own an acoustic guitar, a Harmony Strat, and I have a little bitty Stone amp. Now that one is for warming up and practicing on. The one effect I do wish this amp had was a wah effect. Man that would be great. Who knows maybe Fender is iventing a new amp with the wah feature the sounds exactly like the Princeton 650.

I can depend on this amp anywhere I go. I would not use any other amp as a backup. I don't think I need anything but this amp for now. You can throw this amp through a window (not that you need to or even want to) and jump on it and it still won't break. Now maybe if you were 200lbs. + you would probably break it. I'm not saying to do all of this to check to see if I'm right or even to try to prove me wrong. This is a good amp all around.

I bought th Fender Princeton 650 today and have been jamming on it for about 7 hours straight. I like to play rock and this amp is useful for that. It has two different channels and I use the clean for when I hook up my acoustic. Now the drive channel lets you make your sound as heavy as you want it or even lets you play the blues. It has such settings as on board tuner, ex level, ex selection, and rate/time. It has reverb, delay, and five more settings. I use this amp at home for right now. I am going to start using it everywhere else. For 65W it does the job.

GettintheLedout
    Ive had mine for a little over a year. its a very nice amp, but i would much rather a tube. the effects are great and the amp itself is very versatile, i have had no structural defects with it.
    Kbent88
    I just bought this amp brand new about 3 hours ago on clearence for only $99...they have another one for the same price.
    lingyding2
    This is a great amp, yet if your using it at home your neighbours will be knocking. Its very loud, good but loud. I've had mine for about 2 years and its never broke and at $99 its DEFINATELY worth it !!