Princeton 650 review by Fender

Fender: Princeton 650

Purchased from: Guitar Cellar

This amp suits my Punk/Grunge style playing with the effects it has, such as the effect featured on the track "Come As You Are" by Nirvana. Even though the amp only has two channels, the channels are very flexible. The amp is is great for any rock style, or for the acoustic styles as well. On the distortion channel, you will hear a little buzzing up close to the amp, but this will be no problem at gigs. The amp has a huge variety of sounds it can make, too many to count! But odds are, you'll be able to set the amp to the style you like. The clean channel is clean at all volumes, and settings. The amp's volume sounds similar when at 2 to when at 10. The distortion can be very heavy or mild to low depending on the users settings with the Drive knob, and equalizers.

Like I said, I play Punk/Grunge. This amp is perfect for my styles, and if you want to play acoustically the amp is great for that too. I've been playing for a good 5 years now and I only own 1 guitar, a Jay Turser (not sure what the model is). I did own a Zoom effects-box, but as I said the amp is not compatible for it, I had to sell it. If I lose this amp I would probably not get the same amp, as I got a great deal on it, but I would look to another fender. If I could get the amp for the same price I paid for this one I would get it though. I love the diversity of the amp styles, I could play anything and this amp would be a perfect match. I'm getting the pedal for the amp which will make switching channels much easier. This is a great amp for a great price!

This amp is a large amp, but surprisingly light-weight. The amp is very transportable. I wouldn't need a backup for this amp. I just got the amp this week so I haven't gotten the chance to break it yet! But the amp is very durable, it has fallen over and none of the settings have changed. I got the amp used and there is not a single dent on it. Don't throw it off a building or something, but this amp is in good condition after being used for 8 or 9 years. So if your not trying to break it, odds are it won't break.

This amp is great for rock guitarists of any genre! I play mostly punk and grunge, the amp is fantastic for Nirvana style playing. There are heavier settings, and cleaner settings. There are only two channels, clean and distortion, and has a button on the amp if you don't have the pedal. This amp has many effects; delay, flange, TREM, VIB, reverb etc., and also has a time/rate knob. You can control the effects with the FX level knob. This amp has no headphone jack. I wish the amp had a headphone jack but it is a very powerful amp, it would deafen me if I put in headphones! I use pretty much all the features including a built in tuner. This amp is good for at home practicing and small to medium sized gigs, as I said it is a very powerful amp. The amp is not compatible for a Zoom effects-box or any similar products.