Princeton 65 DSP review by Fender

Fender: Princeton 65 DSP

Purchased from: Middletown Music

I play a strat in a rock band (Douchebags Anonomous) and a ska band (happily underated) the amp is loud enough to be heard over horns and drums when I want it to be and it is great to have the effects. I bought a pedal to make the effects easier to switch in and out of. The amp blends perfectly with any sound I want. In both bands punk songs that are balls to the wall are played and soft ballads are played. Either is pulled off easily with the amp.

For my bands this amp is perfectly designed. I've been playing for about 2 years and the only other gear I have is my strat, effects pedal for my new amp, and an old amp. This amp is loud, soft, has effects, it's everything any guitarist, especially a new guitarist looking for a first amp, could ask for.

The amp I use has never broken down and I've used it constantly for about 3 weeks. I could take it out to a bar and play it without a doubt, and do so whenever I want (this amp is just a practice one, so that I don't blow up my show one by playing it too loud.)

This amp has two channels, obviously clean and dirty, but it also has a couple different effects to choose from. Other effects include tremelo, delay, flanger, chorus, vibrato, and reverb (it's possible I'm forgeting one) this amp is perfect for young guitarists looking for a first reliable amplifier.