Princeton 65 DSP review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Fender: Princeton 65 DSP

Purchased from: guitar center

I use a Gibson SG Faded, with everything stock. I play through a DigiTech GNX4 so I don't use it's dist. At all but the dist isn't that bad. the clean is good too. The fan dosn't make a lot of noise but if ur playing with gate then it has like a .002 sec delay (which is really annoying if you play any type of metal). Once again it has over 7 effects built in. The dist isn't very high gain but it's okay.

I play metal and this is NOT a good match for it at all. I've been playing for 4 years now and I just recently bought a Crate XT120R for $250! if it were stolen or lost I would buy another amp, but with the same concept, a practice amp with good control. I was going to buy a Marshall MG100DFX but the guy at guitar center said this amp is better, but I wish I got the Marshall.

I would never trust this amp for a jamm setion, let alone a gig! This is a practice amp that you would use for a playing at small cafe's. This amp always breaks doen wen I decide to turn it up past 5. This amp is a solid state amp, but if this amp had tubes in it it would be so much better!

This amp dose istnt for metal at all, this amp (if not played through any footpedals) is at best a jazz/soft rock amp. It has two channles (one clean, one dist) the clean is amazing (and sounds really good wen played through a footpetal). It also has a lot of effect buit-in: chorus (3 kinds), flnger (2 kinds), delay, reverb, etc. I used this amp while jamming with my band, but it bailed on my after 3 years of blasting metal through it, anywyas I think I got wat I asked for, something basic and good souding.

KEAT
    I bought the fender princeton 65 original ( without DSP) and im very happy with it, power, raw sound and very very good quality, it can play - Blues,Rock,Country,Funk,Alternative and metal very good buy one A.S.A.P