Princeton 65 DSP review by Fender

Fender: Princeton 65 DSP

I have a Schecter C-1+ with EMG 89R in the neck position and Seymour Duncan Blackout AHB-1 in the bridge and it sounds amazing at all sounds at any levels. When I first bought this amp, I figured that I would just use it for cleans and use my DigiTech RP1000 for the distortion but to be honest I have only used my DigiTech once! The distortion is amazing on this amp and because I play 80's rock and shred most of the time, it is perfect for my play style. But honestly if you wanted to play a Children of Bodom song with this amps distortion you can because I've tried it and it still sounds good!

Well I have been playing for almost 3 years now and I can shred pretty hard on my guitars but this amp can handle it all and sound great at the same time. The only problem is that people can hear the amp outside when the volume on either channel is at about 1.5 or so. So this thing can get very loud very quick but it still sounds good on any volume. I would definitely recommend this to a friend and would buy another in a heartbeat. I love this amp! :)

Well I have had this guitar for about 6 months an d I haven't had any problems yet with it. And since it was used when I bought it I would say it is doing very well. I would definitely use this for small gigs and even bigger gigs if I can have it set up with the PA system! :)

This amp has all the effects that I use (Besides a tube screamer) it has reverb, delay, flanger, phaser, etc. And it even has a few options to mix two effects together. My personal favorite being the delay with reverb it sounds amazing on both channels. But this is a fantastic amp and although I got it used I believe it should have been worth a lot more because this is an awesome amp. The only thing its lacking would be a headphone jack (but if it had one it would blow my ear drums out in a week so its probably better that way).

bordo
    IT COST YOU ONLY 200 DOLLARS? BECAUSE I HAVE THE SAME AMP AND WANNA SELL IT, BUT DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH TO ASK FOR IT..
    eelalien
    I just bought one of these on eBay for...$100! I was looking for something with a vintage Fender vibe, and small enough to travel easy, so I started my search for the Fender Princeton Reverb. But.. Holy Cow! Reissues star at around $800, and there just was no way I was springing for that amount. So up pops the Princeton 65 DSP for $200 or Make Offer... mine for $100! So, what does this little fellow sound like? Well, playing a '62 Fender Esquire Custom through it in an attempt to get a Steve Cropper/ Stax sound - bingo! And, boy is this puppy LOUD! It is rated at 65 watts, after all, and I believe it will push some considerable air. I turned it up to 3 and that was all I could take in a fairly large room - it will do quite nicely for what I may be using it for. It has the typical limitations of a Fender solid state amp - crunchiness at very high volume, and a very dry tone overall. But with a little tweaking of the knobs and guitar, plus some good ol' finger grease, this little powerhouse can be a fine amp for the beginner seeking clean tones, or the pro requiring a decent practice or small gig amp. If you can score one at a good price, I say go for it!
    shhaannt
    ya me 2, I have this amp and a crate xt120r, i wanna sell em both and get an all tube amp... i think ima set the price for the fender at $175
    MrKnister
    "Princeton 65 DSP Reviewed by: shhaannt, on september 23, 2006 ....Impression: I play metal..." BIG MISTAKE! Everybody who can read and play metal needs to know that Fender is the Sound for Blues, Country, Clean things, Rockabilly, Oldschool, Pop, Alternative and many others... Only one thing Fender can not handle is...you guess... METAL!
    jimscape
    I see this amp for sale for $70 and am trying to find out the catch. If it looks to good... it is. I'm hoping the guy just needs money because of the balls up economy. I just paid a little under 800 for the Jeff Beck '89 Strat plus and consider it a good purchase now I'm looking for an amp that won't keep me in debt for too long; then this amp comes my way 5 days later. It's too good to be true. Even if there's a short it's worth the price as I can have such things fixed by people in my family who know how. I already know I'm going to check this out if just to see what the catch is... thx board for all the good posts I've learned much.
    John600ss
    I have 65 with out the effects, I have been a pro player years ago and play mostly blues, this a nice amp but it is not like most Fender amps I have played. The clean channel is really nice but you need to use a multi effects like a behringer or a Zoom to get the best out of it, it really makes it come alive especially with clean tones as it needs a compressor to make it work, the dirty channel is not like a Fender as it is very smooth when you turn it up it sounds more like a Santana sound to me and is too middly without bite for blues and rock. This not a criticism it is just the way the amp is I wouldn't change anything on the amp I really enjoy it for what it is I give it an 8 when compared to my twin which is a 10.
    jmjmann
    I found one on fb for free. When I picked it up I could tell that someone tried to take it apart. I thought it might need repairs. Boy was I right. I plugged it in and nothing I could hear a little static when I switched to od. I let the sucker cool down took out the circuit board and there was the problem the soldier connections to the inputs.heated up my soldering gun and had my guitar screaming in twenty minutes. I thought free was the best part but I enjoyed some assembly required!