Princeton Chorus DSP review by Fender

Fender: Princeton Chorus DSP

I use this amp with an Ibanez SC 420, and a Samick Um 4. Both have dual hambucking pickups. They sound great. The clean channel has some of the best clean tones i have ever heard from a non-tube amp. The distortion is mad. It was just as good as my Marshall combo if not better.

I have been playing about three years. I also own a Marshall ATV. I think it is an all around great amp.

I would use this amp anywhere. It is new, but I haven't had a single problem with it.

The year of the amp is 2002. This is a great amp for metal, rock and punk. It has awesome distortion, which features a limiter device for even more distortion tones. This amp has two channels, Clean and dist. It also has on board dsp effects. Chorus, flanger, reverb, and delay. I use this amp in my band, it is very loud for a fifty watt amp. It is a great solid state amp.

ProgFolk12
    Nobody really knows the SS fenders (except the Frontman) and they are really underrated. The drive channel (as with almost all SS fenders) is poor, but the clean is excellent. Find one going 2nd hand and you've got a great clean amp at a good price
    willhurley82
    I have one of these, the drive channel is garbage (haven't even begun to dial it in), the chorus and reverb are pretty sweet. Takes normal pedals well. My Zoom multi pedal sucked all of the tone from it. This amp is loud enough to gig with. Turned up to 3 once, and got bitched at for drowning out the drummer.
    tzareski
    I also have a zoom multi effects pedal, can the amp handle the distortion of the pedal, does it sound good?
    Zeppoholic
    I played an older version of this Princton before.. its about 20 years old or more i think.. not to sure buts it old. lol Compared to what everyone is saying about the newer ones the old one is a dream. Nothing beats a vintage Princton. It is THE most amazing amp i have ever used, and the Dist. channel is wonderful. You can get every single tone out of it possible from death metal to stuff like Blues and the clean is amazing too. If only they made them like they used to...
    jvz
    Just picked one up from ebay about a month ago, Love the reverb and the chorus, plenty loud for home use. Had to drive 100 mi. to pick it up but only paid $99.00 so I felt like it was worth it. I play a Schecter Vintage solo and a 60s Del Ray thru it and it sounds great!!
    guitar-o-holic
    I have one around 1995 I would guess. An absolutely amazing little gem. I don't use distortion much so this little box sparkles and sings happily. Rugged too.
    mpgirardin
    I bought a Princeton Chorus with red knobs in 1995 and this is my only amp. Like others mentionned the clean sound is owesome. The clean channel handles very well a digital pedal like those from Digitech if you need heavy sounds (Slayer, Pantera, Tool, etc; I have a RP-255). However, I never got good impression of the distortion until recently when I discovred that you can add an equalizer in the effect loop. This make's a huge difference on the tone and sound and particulalrly on the sustain. The sound of my Epiphone Les Paul came out very good (much better than what I got from the RP-255 pedal). In the effect loop I added a BOSS noise suppressor and digital delay and the whole thing is really great. The amp is not very heavy and is quite reliable. I never had to spent a cent on it in 20 years. If you think of buying this amp, consider adding an equalizer in the effect loop. You can get a used one for less than 100$.