Pro Junior review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 5.5 Decent
Fender: Pro Junior

Purchased from: Long and Mcquade

This amp doesn't really give you much choice as to how you want the guitar to sound and isn't very versatile, but I only used 2 settings (off and volume at max). Basically, this is an amp for you to begin with and get your ears used to being blown right out of your head.

I play literally everything out there. This amp works for my music styles, I guess, but it's not something you would want to buy if you like screwing with EQ, or like having a reverb/overdrive. My favourite feature on it would have to be how loud it goes, though. It almost got me kicked out of my basement apartment. Apparently I was dropping pictures 2 floors above me right off the wall, shaking things off shelves and just plain pissing the landlord off. Hate your parents? Get this amp.

This amp is very reliable in the sense that it will last a while. About as reliable as any other tube amp would be. Occasionally you will have to replace a tube if you are rough with it, so try not to be. However, if you take very good care of any tube amp, really, it will last just as long as you will.

No idea what year this amp was made in. Very basic amp, though. No fancy features. Just a volume knob and a Tone knob. Being a 15W tube amp, this amp is deathly loud. So I took it back and got the Traynor TTM30. I really do wish they could have integrated some EQ knobs and maybe an overdrive, but hey, you can't have everything. Well, you can, but that would make for one expensive amp.

oscarstegland
    Yes its a simple amp but if you want a more complex amp buy the 40 watt version (It's more expensive but still a pretty good buy considering its a two-channel all tube amp.) But to criticize the sound on this amp is crossing the line. You could have mentioned that it's a purely clean amp, but that it has one of the best clean sounds out there.
    big-red
    This is a great fender amp for beginners looking for that tube tone. If its not loud enough why did you buy it? My friend uses this amp for recoding and sounds soo good, the reviewer obviously does not have a clue.
    jcs5234
    you fatmatt are retarted. why would you buy it if you didnt like the tone or the features? personally i own two of these and although i do own larger amps i try to stick to these because i love the overdrive that this amp gives. no, there is no gain knob, but if you put the volume on about 4 with a humbucker guitar and 6-8 with a single coil, you get a nice, creamy, overdriven tube tone that sounds like the Almighty created this amp. If you want it clean and then kick into overdrive, its called the volume knob on the guitar. idiot.
    Gibson_Rocker13
    sounds like a pretty sweet amp im going to look into this seeing as how i dont use much distortion and use my ds1 for some fuzz/slight distortion
    123-Trav
    Would this be a good amp for me to run a pod xt live through? the features don't matter cos of the pod, but would this be loud enough to play with drums while still being clean? or will turning it up that much make it overdrive?
    FatMatt420
    Ok guys, so.. where in my review did you read that this i didnt like the amp. I loved it because it IS LOUD. I got rid of it because I was dropping pictures 2 floors above me right off the wall (landlord was REALLY pissed). Please read the reviews fully before you post comments that are just plainly stupid ( this comment is for BIG-RED and JCS5234). And please try to refrain from calling me an idiot or a retard, it's just plain rude. Don't like my review? Then don't read it.