Pro Junior review by Fender

Fender: Pro Junior

I use this amp with a Fender American Standard Strat (1998) and a Gibson SG Standard (2000). Mostly I use the strat as I prefer to use mostly clean tones. I play blues, classic rock, reggae and it can handle any of those. The thing hisses kind of badly when around other electronic devices. Very good for rock tones but again if you want metal, don't get this thing because it wont suit you. Considering there is only one channel, and the amp is designed to overdrive as you turn up the volume. Very clean at low volumes begins to distort around 4. I like it around 6. You want two channels? then drop your guitar's volume for clean tones and bring it back up for bluesy overdrive.

I play blues, classic rock, reggae, etc and this fits these styles very well. I've been playing for about 7 years and when I bought this amp it basically became my main amp because of it's size and large volume, but it also has nice tone at lower volumes making it great for recording. Before I got this, I used a blues deluxe, but I really like the tone of this better. I would definitely get another one of these, but as my band is playing larger places, I'm looking at a Marshall bluesbreaker reissue and a Fender '57 Tweed Twin. I love the simplicity, I'm all about that in all of my gear.

Very reliable amp, only had to change the tubes once (when I bought it I switched out the tubes because the guy said that the one I bought had been in the store for a while and it sounded like the tubes needed to be replaced). I usually use two in clubs, but I would be comfortable using just one as long as it was a small place. I have no fear in it ever breaking down.

Made in 2002, bought in 2003. This amp will fit most all musical styles except for metal. One channel, volume and tone knob, no other features to speak of but who cares? Although I wish it had reverb, I tried out the Fender Blues Junior which has reverb and I didn't like it nearly as much. Therefore, I run a Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb in my line. I use this amp for practice, and for gigs I run two in stereo and change the settings depending on which song I'm playing. This thing is 15 watts but it's a loud little tube amp. I usually run it around 6 and I don't need to mic it in small venues. Larger ones I do, but sometimes I use a larger amp.