Reissue Blues Deluxe review by Fender

Fender: Reissue Blues Deluxe

Purchased from: Sound Control

I use a Fender Deluxe Player Stratocaster with Vintage Noiseless pickups and it sounds fantastic, apart from the overdrive which is rather ppor, but I'll get to that. I mostly have been using input 2 to give me a warmer tone and I use a small amount of reverd which gives me a great sound. The overdrive is a bit poor, infact it's very poor you have to have the drive knob right up at 12 for a small amount of distortion whcih isn't good, but I'm going to buy a distotion pedal for that purpose. Apart from the OD channel everything else is fine. I would say it has pretty good variety unless you are a heavy metal player then don't even go near it. I would says it's good for blues, jazz, disco and country, just not things with heavy distortion, I would suggest a Marshall for that purpose.

I am very impressed with this amp, it's a perfect match for my style of playing and it would be a good amp in many Live conditions. I've been playing for about 2-3 years and I regularly play for my school at prize givings and such. I wish it did have a bit better distortion but I can work round this. If it was stolen, I would be happy to buy it again. I lvoe the Reverb on it, it's fantastic. I looked at another Fender amp, the Deluxe 900 which was discontiued so I had to shop for another amp but I wish I had saw this in the first place as I would have bought it there and then without having to wait for it. Everything that is on it is fine and I wouldn't ask for anything else to be put on it as it would jsut complicate it even more.

I would be happy to use this amp without a backup in a live gig. I haven't had any problem with any of the valves so far but it's only ben 4 weeks. It comes with 2 Fender/Groove 6L6 output valves/tubes and 3 preamp 12AX7 valves/tubes, which look as if they will last a long time but I would always have a spare set on the ready jsut incase. But I would have this as my main gig amp for a long time.

I bought the amp a month ago, made in Mexico and it's a great amp, valve or tube state, whichever word you use for them, and it's covered in genuine tweed. I play mainly jazz and blues and this amp is perfect for this, the valves/tubes give a nice warm sound and it has built in spring reverb which is amazing. It has 2 input channels one is standard channel and one take 6dB off the sound to give you a darker tone. It has pre amp and power amp inputs and a foot Switch input which you get with it. The foot switch is your standard fender 2 button with a reverb button and a channel select, which selects from normal (clean) or overdrive. It has a normal/bright button for giving the tregle range a boost, but I don't use it much. It also has an extra input for a 4 ohm external speaker, which I doubt I will ever use but it's there just incase. You get a free waterproof cover.

inverock
    i have the same amp with the same problem. ive even tryed a shred master marshall pedal and the boss o2 pedal and they sound crap.im oplanning to buy a mesa boogie v-twin pedal.
    DancingDays
    i just got this amp and i need to desperatley do something about getting a decent distortion out of it, does anyone have any thoughts on this?
    mgw94
    I'm considering buiyng this amp, but can anyone tell me if its good for soft rock? I have a english muffin for distortion
    dunc1981
    i love this amp,bought it bout 10 months ago and giged a lot never let me down just make sure you put it on stand by if ya not usin it.awsome sound for clean bluesy music not so good with rock but with a couple of pedals you can play anything.
    claptonisgod21
    To get it to distort u need 2 play it loud, thats how tube amps work. or a good pedal but still crank up the volume
    hurleyboyc58027
    Dr.Jazz
    hurleyboyc58027 wrote: I just got this amp and it is amazing. It is so rich and smooth. The reverb is great also. The distortion factor is a plus if you ask me. Amps with built on distortion can constrain you to 1 sound. With this amp you get a quality amp by itself and you can manipulate it with pedals of your choice to create your own sound. Although if looking for some serious shredding and tappin' this isn't the amp for you. But for anything else it is one of the best amps out there for the price. Its simplicity is its best aspect. It is so easy to use and doesn't have all kinds of blinking lights and unused knobs everywhere. Only the bear essentials...
    This is true but it can handle, shred and tapping, it is a very versatile amp for all styles, but it fits Blues Perfectly.....hence the name