Reissue Blues Deluxe review by Fender

Fender: Reissue Blues Deluxe

I mainly play Fender strats, an american and a modded MIM with a HB. The american and this amp push out some great SRV style tone, It's great in church bands, though I can not stress how low gain this amp is. I play a lot of punk/hard rock and with a Boss DS-1 I'm able to reach that quite easily. Mine tends to get quite noisy with the treble up and past 7/12. But if you tweak it just right that sweet overdrive hits the clean channel at about 5/12 for that great classic rock drive. Again the distortion isn't enough close to brutal. But for that amazing Fender clean and just enough drive it's great.

I play mostly hard rock and alone this amp is not good for that. But I also love SRV and electric blues and this amp does that perfectly. I compared this to the Peavey Classic 30, the reverb and the cleans sold me. What I loved most about is how good the effects keeps my tone true even when using lousy pedals. Though I do wish there was a site or store that sold the footswitch for this amp, so far no luck. If you like Fender amps with great clean and that world famous reverb this is the amp for you, just take care of the footswitch.

I haven't any trouble in just over a year with it (though I hardly go past 4/12). Though I did manage to stomp out the reverb Switch on the included 2 button footswitch (it was totally my fault). I wouldn't keep it wide open, it seems to rattle the tubes quite a bit. But if you take care of it you should have no problems.

This is the Fender Blues Deluxe, this paticular model was made in 2007. It's your basic 2 channel tube, "tweed" sounding amp. It's got an on/off switch, a footswirch jack (a 2 button is included), an effects loop, a master prescence, a master reverb, a master volume for the "drive" channel, a channel select toggle, a master 3-band EQ, a drive knob that adjust the gain for the drive channel, a volume for the clean channel, a bright select toggle, and 2 input jacks; one for most standard guitars and a lower sensitivity one (-6dB) to clean up high output guitars. It's 40w all tube, 2 6L6 and 3 12ax7. And it all goes through a 12" Fender re-issue gold label speaker. At 40w all tube, it's probably more power than I'll ever need. I mainly play blues with this amp, it's great for that. Though this amp will never reach metal, with the right pedals it can play hard rock. I love the Fender spring reverb, also the best cleans in this price range.

Bassist87
    I heard someone play one before. I would buy one in a second if I had the money!
    cow7
    isn't the hotrod deluxe like this only with more gain?
    Drewlynch15
    Yeah.The hot rod has 3 channels,clean,gain, and more gain. The blues deluxe sounds a lil warmer and sweeter in my opinion.
    Pontius2000
    axejam123
    dude, for thick, sweet tone, nothing beats a fender. original all-tube insanity. all you need is a fender tube (i personally have a hot rod deville), a boss distortion/overdrive pedal, and a guitar. You will then reach a new, formerly unknown level of euphoria.
    Drewlynch15
    Yeah i forgot to mention the ext. jack.I've yet to use it,but i'm sure it opens things up a bit for the legally deaf.No but seriously,i'm sure the cab'll be awesome.Hopefully in tweed.
    MikeGale2
    I use my Hot Rod Deluxe in my Covers band and it gives me those beautiful warm tones that I spent years looking for. I just use the Clean channel with a Zoom G2 pedal for o/d and variations of clean tones. At 40 watts, it competes with any 100 of other makes.
    jamesr
    First, this is not the hot rod deluxe minus the extra gain channel. The amp is different in almost every way. Second I own this amp and it is the BEST amp under $1000 period. I have a SEM ds-1 and MT-2 infront and can play justa bout anything I hear.
    subopolois
    Pontius2000 wrote: I've had one for almost 2 years, I like it. takes pedals very well. good clean and great reverb. and they're coming out with a matching 1x12 extension cab in about a month. I'm getting one as soon as it comes out.
    where did you hear their coming out with an extension, **** im gonna get it. anyways i had this amp for about over a year now and you honestly cannot go wrong, yes the gains arent good at all, but the cleans are incredible. plus with the boss blues driver it sounds so smooth
    JilaX^
    Guys, do not go for this. Find one of the old ones that look like Twin Reverbs or something. Seriously. I played one at this gig, eargasm tone without tweaking the slightest.