Roc Pro 1000 Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 06/19/2008 category: Guitar Amplifiers

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ad free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Fender: Roc Pro 1000
 32,321
review (1) 45 comments vote for this gear:
Roc Pro 1000 Reviewed by: Intheflesh93, on june 19, 2008

Purchased from: eBay

Features: It has three channels, clean and two gain's. The gain's are tube/valve driven and the clean is solid state. it has a footswitch and an effects loop. It has and acoustic reverb at the back. Basically this means that the sound is somehow put through a spring. This is an advantage because it's natural and traditional rather than using digital reverb and I think it sounds better. // 8

Sound: This amp is really loud! and I mean loud! To give you an idea I have the volume on 5 and gain on 5 and if you go within 10 feet you get massive feedback and chest pounding shound! I dare not turn it up anymore I have never tried as it is soo loud but at this volume and gain level you can get a great sounding feedback (if desired). The distortion has a wide range of strength (if that's the word). // 9

Reliability & Durability: I couldn't really say I've never had any problems with it but then agian I have only had it for a week so it would be unfair to say it's reliable. I havn't seen any signs of it breaking or anything. but as I have to rate it, is the only reason why I did rate it. // 8

Overall Impression: I play bluesy rock, rock, pchycadelic rock, classic rock etc. but I think this amp suits any type of style. The biggest thing is I bought it for 50! I can't believe how much of a bargain it is. It's not old and worn or sounds bad, it is great it's the sort of quality I'd pay 200-300 for. So luckily my dad came acroos this great little bargain! The only thing realisticly that I could wish it to have would be a tube/valve clean channel. // 9

Comments