SP-10 review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 4.3 Poor
Fender: SP-10

I tested this with a Squier Stratocaster Standard and an Epiphone Les Paul 100. With the limited controls, you can barely get a tone variety. Sound is OK. Distortion isn't great, mainly because it can't control the Gain. It also gets louder when distortion is turned on, and there's no addition volume toggle for it. So switching from clean to distorted in one song isn't practical. However the clean channel works great. It's surprisingly loud for a 10-watt amp. But Nothing you could take to perform with. Like I said, barely suitable for a practice amp.

This was personally the first amp I ever played trough. I had alot of fun with it as a beginner, but as I got more experienced and tried out many many other amps, I outgrew it quickly. If it were stolen, lost, etc. I wouldn't buy it again. In fact I traded it in to the music store. Since I knew him well he gave me $40 for it, but otherwise I probably would've gotten $10. I would solely recommend this amp to beginners only.

I would Not depend on this amp for even a 10 person crowd. It is solely for beginner practice only. It's durability is prefect as far as the amp, but not the speaker. If you turn it above 5 on volume, it will break in a matter of seconds. Anything below that should be OK though.

10 Watt Amp, NOT 9-v. Uses a 3-prong cord. Has 1 input jack and 1 headphone jack. Clean and Distortion channel, and has Volume, Treble and Bass Controls. It works quite well with effect pedals. It's barely suitable for a practice amp, but if your a beginner it might be OK to use.

taurusG1968
    buy this amp second, with good physical appearance but the sound was very low, not only worked CLEAM OD, and makes a lot of noise when you open it had glue in addition to screws the speaker is 1 mp of power, and 15 WRMS even a cheap radius ridiculous brings better speaker, noise comes from the cheap capacitors should change, as the speaker with a higher power. also as it is an infinite baffle be coated with vibration absorbing, these changes can convetir this amp into something more than a toy. (sorry I do not speak English).
    Maineguitarist
    Currently my only amp. When I get a new practice amp (probably gonna be a line 6) this will be stricly a vocals amp.