Stage 1000 review by Fender

Fender: Stage 1000

Purchased from: B&B music

I use a Epi G400 custom with 3 humbuckers and it sounds amazing. I play all sorts of stuff (most styles) and it does it all amazingly. It buzzs pretty loud on od2 but the other channels are quiet. It squeals if you don't turn the gain down at high volumes although this does not 'cause it to lose any distortion at 2 volume and 9 gain the distortion is the same as 10 volume and 5 gain. It makes all sorts of sounds with the timbre filters and effects (these are not cheap crappy FX they are good FX) the clean channel stays amazingly clean all the time even at 10. You can get nice bluesy distortion on od1 and completely insane distortion on od2.

If this amp were lost or stolen I would not buy it again I would buy the Stage 1600 (same thing 160 watts 2x12s). I also own a Fender Frontman 15 watt whch I thought sounded ok I now realise it did not. My favourite features are the timbre filters because they give you such a variety of possible tones. I compared it to a Marshall MG100DFX, but the MG had crappy FX, crappy clean and completely broke aprat at high volumes. This Fender seems to sound better as it gets louder. I wish it had wheels because its kinda heavy to be carrying around.

It comes with a 5 year warranty, and it's never broken down on me so its fairly realiable I guess.

It is a solid state 100 watt amp with 1 12 inch celestion speaker. It has 3 channels clean, od1, and od2. It comes with effects like delay, chorus, chorus delay, flanger, phaser, vibratone. It comes with a 4 button footswitch (channel select, od1 od2, reverb, effects). It also comes with an onboard tuner and 7 timbre filters which are pretty much eq presets that sound sweet. It's very versatile the clean is amazing and the two distortions work for any type of music while using the timbre filters. Also this amp is loud it shakes things off of my shelves and shadows out my brothers drums almost completely (you can hear the cymbals).

KVX10 KING V
    any amp over 20kg, should have wheels i know what you mean, i have a Marshall G80CD, which I have played along side the Fender Stage 1000, and wow the sounds combined are impressive. I took the knobs off my amp and put little wheels on it and they work fine.
    B_Payn
    tom_martin_123
    tenchu_11 wrote: It makes a quite humm that annoys the shit out of me!
    Could that not be to do with other electrical instruments inerfearing with it i have the same peoblem with my amp wen im in certain parts of the house buts its fine in others
    ANARCHYJAMES
    wyldeshredder wrote: there's no way u play metal dude, cuz i've heard this amp try to do metal....
    Dude I have a 2011 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue and when i play on this amp when i have the channel select off and the single coil option on my guitar selected, it sounds just awesome. I play metallica, pantera, megadeath, black sabbath, and korn and all of the songs sound f - ing awesome.
    MaggaraMarine
    B_Payn wrote: I got this amp, but i bought a BOSS ME-50 multi effects pedal and now i don't even touch the effects on the amp because they sound like crap compared to the BOSS effects.
    Buy some individual stompboxes and then you'll notice that your multi fx doesn't even sound that great. But built in effects suck, I agree.