Stage 100 DSP Head review by Fender

Fender: Stage 100 DSP Head

Purchased from: Ted Hebert's

I am currently using Ibanez SZ guitars in studio and live plus I'm going to be adding a Paul Reed Smith Tremonti SE to the line up. All the guitars have stock pickups (hum in neck and hum in the bridge). I play with a lot of Treble so I get a lot of feed back and but thats my style and I play pretty loud because I'm trying to get heard and you can't get heard on 1.

I play hard rock and alt metal. It matches tone wise but when ppl see me playing live they think I am playing a Marshall but I'm really rocking Fender. I play mainly Ibanez guitars and about to pick up PRS soon because of name sake and quality sake and I'm a sucker for Single cut designed guitars but dislike Gibson. the 1 question I wish I had asked is how the dirty channel sounds. I'm nbot going to say it sucks but you'll never catch me playing with it, it works better as a noise gate anyway. If it got stolen I would be pissed because I can't find this amplifier on ebay with out being riped off an arm leg and nut, but I would try and get the same set up or find the ass that stole the original. I love how the clean tone sounds. I hate how the dirty channel sounds.My fav feat of this amp is it belongs to me. I compared it to a Marshall 100 mg head and a Marshall cab that came with it. I choose the Fender because it was there for a long time, and I started playing it and was blown away by how awsome the clean tone was.

I have before and I will again simply because it gives me the sound that Marshall and Vox and all the other companies don't. I am hoping to find another one not as a back up but for touring I'd have one to keep at my house and one to keep at where I practice. I have never had any problem with this amp because I'm good at maintaining stuff that helps me.

I'm not sure what the year of it is but I know that they discontinued the model in 2000-2003. I love this amp because it has a really descent clean tone and has a hefty amount of effects (I use delay mainly.) I play lead guitar for the rock band Memorybox (find us on MySpace). It has a footswitch and you can do an effects loop which I don't do because it doesn't suit my style over all. The head phone jack is in the back of the amp which is pretty cool. It is a solid state I believe. This amplifier has 100 watts from what I read on the back of the amp and can definitly piss the neighbors off. I never use the dirty channel cause I'm a natural born pedal dancer, So I use the dirty channel as a noise gate.

aurian4parker
    acytonestd69
    I love Fender amplifications. I'm a solid state junky
    JHC_DOH
    I thought this amp was awful. My friend bought it for $300 and the shop owner told him it was an all tube amp. My friend doesn't seem to be able to tell how awful it is though, so I guess it doesn't matter. I think he'll notice the difference once he gets to hear my Peavey Ultra head, though. The funny thing is that my Peavey tube head cost less than his SS Fender head. HEH!
    DrewMeyer
    acytonestd69 wrote: aurian4parker wrote: i have a stage 100 combo. not DSP. which is actually very hard to find. im telling you, the celestians in that thing rock man. this amp its great. and not too over the top or complicated. thats what i still enjoy about fender. simplicity. I love Fender amplifications. I'm a solid state junky
    That is a bit ironic, because Fenders are known for their tube tone.