Stage 112 SE review by Fender

Fender: Stage 112 SE

Purchased from: Music Inn, Nottingham

I'm using it with an Epiphone G-400 SG (Goth) and soon hope to be replacing the pickups with Dimarzio super distortion, which sound nice with his amp. This amp is ridiculously loud, it's not a bed room amp, as when the volume is at 1, it's pretty loud. It's pretty clean at high volumes, and the distortion is a good all round distortion.

This amp will be great for anyone who plays with other people and wants to do gigs. It's prefect for that, but not for practicing in the bedroom. I've been playing a few years and it sounds great along side my Crybaby. If it was stolent, I don't think I would buy it again, I would save up for an Orange or an old Marshall. I bought this amp over newer amps like the Spider 2 or the Marshall MG50DFX. Normally I go with Marshall, but they lack a nice clean tone when you buy an MG series one. I chose this because the price was nice and so was the clean tone. I shall be getting an overdrive pedal soon, something much heavier.

I would use this amp without a backup at a gig, because it's never let me down. It goes out everyweek and sounds great. Never broken down under my care, I don't know about any problems before it came in contact with me.

This amp plays all the styles I'm into. I can play some classical stuff, or some jazz on a clean channel with ease and it sounds brilliant. The second channel has distortion which is good for blues rock, classic rock and you can get away with some metal on it. It has a footpedal with it, which has channel switch and reverb on/off which is good for on stage. I'd like it too have some delay on it, but for the price I didn't expect it. I'm going to be using this amp at gigs due to it's size, but I'm still going to be practicing with my 15watt Marshall.

Wulver
    I just recently acquired one of these: the guitarist in my dad's band got himself a new Marshall, and as he had no use for the Fender any longer, he passed it on to me. I've yet to play through it, yet he always sounded brilliant on it. I think I'll be quite satisfied with it.
    ebitnet65
    I picked one of these up years ago off eBay for about $250. It's a solid amp and I continue to be amazed at how good it sounds as a general purpose/multi-genre amp. I use my old Ibanez Tube-Screamer + a Tele on the clean channel to get killer Texas blues sounds and I hardly ever touch the lead channel. What everyone say about this amp is basically true: It is FREAKING LOUD and goes from 0 to ear-bleed just by breathing on the volume knob. Even cranked, you get awesome Fender tone. So, it's great for playing gigs, not so great for a practice amp in your house...unless your neighbors are stone deaf or you have no neighbors or you don't mind the local police stopping by.