Stage 160 review by Fender

Fender: Stage 160

Purchased from: guitar center

The amp sounds great, it has enough power to fill all sorts of gig rooms w/ 160 watts of awsum power. The amp sometimes can b noisey w/ the drive cranked. I think the amp sounds better louder becuz the presence and tone go up w/ the volume (it sounds like). It dont much like the amps distortion on low volumes becuz it seem somewhat tone less, this is the one and only complant I have about this amp.

I play all types of music and this can match every single one of them when set correctly. I've been playing for about 1 and a half years and am already one of the best guitarest here in town. I have a boss ds-1 pedal, a gibson faded-v, and an ESP M-100 fm. I also have a small Washburn amp in my room for quite practice. If it were stolen I'd save up, again, and get the new DSP version sence they dont make this one n e more. This amp is great, I just wish it had built in fx, tone and presence controls. Besides that, the amp is great. The total package, and at 160 watts, it can make ur head spin at low volumes.

The amp has never broken down and nothing has ever gone wrong w/ it. I do think that I would not need a back up when using this amp at a gig, but as by law never go w/o back up.

- 2 channels, clean and o/d - 1 distortion pedal - Each chanel has its own volume, 3 band eq, and adjustable reverb - Ef loop but no head phone jack

speedfreak_808
    You do realize a "Tone" control is only putting the eq into the one knob which isn't necessary when you have an eq. Other than that this is an awesome amp.
    RockitHard
    I own this amp myself and have a pic on my profile page. Currently I'm using a Behringer UM 300 pedal and I play heavy metal, thrash, rock and the amp handles it all with room to spare. If my amp disappeared, I would be sad for life. It's been a great amp and have had zero problems with it! I have to be careful when I'm practicing, if the volume knob hits 2, it's already way too loud because I live in an apartment, so I have to watch out for noise complaints. This is a rockin' amp and can fill a gig hall with drums, bass and 3 guitarists only being on 6 and if I turn it up, you will hear the difference in volume. Wouldn't trade this or sell it for any amount of money. I'm getting a Line 6 amp head and 4x 12 cab for around $700, but still looking...
    geor4ge
    i have one the past 7 years...**** that long :O and still works the treat. gig alot and play my jagstang and if you trow up the bass on it and mess with vol works good as a bass amp too. plesure to play with effects trough. only prob is on amp you have to turn knob while going trough them. i tend to just use a zoom
    nathan.e.holmes
    I have one of the these without the DSP and its SOO clean. Its a pedal freaks heaven. I love my Fender Deville, too, but I still gig with this a lot because its very dependable and it has very nice sound. I think it would go head to head with a Roland JC 120. I honestly haven't heard the same with the DSP models, but when you usually get crap results when try to do too much.
    PGHUMPHREY
    It is a power house! I use this amp a bunch. I like the idea of having a tube and a solid state amp for playing out. But there are a lot of songs that I have recorded with amp emulation and effect settings stored in my pedals, and it is nice to simply grab the clarity of a loud solid state amp to get it out in front of a crowd. I use a Seymour Duncan Classic twin tube to give a bit of warmth on some songs. The eq presets and effects on board are nice too. It comes with a four pedal foot switch to swap channels/reverb/effects. It is like a three channel amp in that you have a clean and distortion channel, and then the distortion channel has two sections within it also controlled by a button on the foot switch. Then you have a button for effects and a button for reverb on the foot switch. It is a powerful amp, and you don't have to have a camel to haul it around. I have an old Digitech GNX that I use with it (stereo out with that). Might find that you have to back down on the treble on some settings, 'cause that Fender loves to grab a twang.' I find that to be the case even to a greater extent with a Fender tube amp. Overall, this is a great amp. I have recently been using a Super Sonic 60 on a Marshall 4/12... awesome combination there too.