Super 60 review by Fender

Fender: Super 60

I usually use this amp with a Fender Standard Telecaster or a Fender Jag-Stang. Because I've always had a preference for older equipment, this amp fits my style great (punk/hardrock). I mostly use effects pedals but the overdrive channel is very good, especially for those who like to play classic rock.

This amp couldn't fit my hardrock/punk style any better. I've been playing for 4 years, gigging for 2 and this has now become my preference over most solid states I've played (Marshalls, Peaveys, Dean Markley). If this were stolen of lost, I would definately try my hardest to replace it, but due to the fact that it hasn't been made since 1992, it might be hard. The only thing I wish this had was maybe some more effects or a seperate eq for the overdrive channel, but besides that, it's fine.

I've taken this amp to shows on several occasions because my Marshall amp was not available and much to my surprise, it worked amazingly. It is a small amp but it is great for playing clubs. Like I said before, I do not know much about this history of the amp when I got it. It had been sitting in a basement for at least 10 years so the tubes had to be replaced after only 2 or 3 weeks, but besides that, it's fine.

A relic of the days of Nirvana and Pearl Jam, this amp was made from 1988 to 1992 and still plays great. This Fender Tube amp features a clean and distorted channel but only one EQ. It also has reverb and presence and a footswitch jack. I'm not to sure about the history of the amp, but I believe the speaker is not the original (12" Celestion).

RogerWaters15
    The speaker is not the original coz i have the same amp and it's speaker is a Fender Special Designed 12'speaker!!! I love everything on this amp except its weight!!!
    justmegan
    Is there an input for plugging in headphones on this amp? If not, is there any way to add something to make this possible? Thank you!
    saxman410
    I have a 60 that I purchased in 1991. Has been in my studio ever since. Never used on a gig. It is like new. I now use models for amps and mics for studio. Would like to have someone that needs this amp for live performance plese feel free to contact me..Rocky www.jazzbluesanddiamonds.com