Super 60 Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 08/13/2005 category: Guitar Amplifiers

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Fender: Super 60
 8.2
 8.3
 6,112
review (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
Super 60 Reviewed by: GrungeBeatle, on august 13, 2005

Features: A relic of the days of Nirvana and Pearl Jam, this amp was made from 1988 to 1992 and still plays great. This Fender Tube amp features a clean and distorted channel but only one EQ. It also has reverb and presence and a footswitch jack. I'm not to sure about the history of the amp, but I believe the speaker is not the original (12" Celestion). // 8

Sound: I usually use this amp with a Fender Standard Telecaster or a Fender Jag-Stang. Because I've always had a preference for older equipment, this amp fits my style great (punk/hardrock). I mostly use effects pedals but the overdrive channel is very good, especially for those who like to play classic rock. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've taken this amp to shows on several occasions because my Marshall amp was not available and much to my surprise, it worked amazingly. It is a small amp but it is great for playing clubs. Like I said before, I do not know much about this history of the amp when I got it. It had been sitting in a basement for at least 10 years so the tubes had to be replaced after only 2 or 3 weeks, but besides that, it's fine. // 6

Overall Impression: This amp couldn't fit my hardrock/punk style any better. I've been playing for 4 years, gigging for 2 and this has now become my preference over most solid states I've played (Marshalls, Peaveys, Dean Markley). If this were stolen of lost, I would definately try my hardest to replace it, but due to the fact that it hasn't been made since 1992, it might be hard. The only thing I wish this had was maybe some more effects or a seperate eq for the overdrive channel, but besides that, it's fine. // 8

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ American Standard Stratocaster 8.4 Electric Guitars 01/21/2016