Super Sonic 60 Combo review by Fender

Fender: Super Sonic 60 Combo

Purchased from: Used

Using an American Strat with Texas Special Pickups. PERFECT match for amp! This amp really offers me everything I need as far as tone... Super clean Vibrolux channel for that clean R+B sound, Bassman channel gives me a great classic Blues and Rock sound and the Burn Channel really gives me a great lead sound without having to drag my pedals out with me. BE ADVISED... This amp takes a bit of time to get your head wrapped around it. I had one and sold it because I wasn't really happy with it... Then I got a chance to pick up another after my Boogie crapped out... After realizing that I had to keep the treble DOWN to about 3 and middle down to about 1.5 I got the tone I was after. Bass is about 8. Now there's plenty of bass and I have the tone I've been after all these years! I play apx 100 gigs/year and have been playing for decades!

Owned Blackface Super Reverb, Mesa Boogie Lonestar and DC-10, Rivera Chubster, Various Silverface Fenders. Always play Fender Strats.

Seems to be built solid. Rear panel seems thinner than older Fenders, but that's of no concern. With 10 tubes in this amp, you should keep a few spares handy. I had an issue with the reverb tank in my first amp. Even though I bought it used, Fender honored the 5 yr warrantee from the date of manufacture, so it was covered! Awesome customer service!

Great 2 channel amp with loop/boost ability. Great for Blues, Classic Rock and Jazz Rock styles. I gig a lot and the amp is a workhorse. Plenty loud for any gig. There is no mid control on the clean channel and some may have an issue with this, but everyone (including me) raves about the clean sound... So what's not to like?

phil strat
    Hi JLoo.can you please put some of your tone settings on please. Regards Phil.
    slimmetalpickin
    I never read reviews that are straight 10's because no amp is perfect. And if your honest with yourself, you can find little things you would change about ANY amp . . .
    BostonPubRocker
    Great amp. I like having two amps in one. Both the Vibrolux and Bassman channels sound great. Need to adjust volumes, Bassman channel is louder on my amp. Plenty of power/watts to gig with. Clean is great, and love the crunch/burn for leads. Like your review +1