Twin review by Fender

Fender: Twin

I've played a variety of guitars through this amp including an Epiphone LP, a Gibson SG and an american series Strat and what I have found in each case is that the Twin does an excellent job of exentuating the personality of each guitar. In the case of the LP for example you really feel the warmth of the middle frequencies whereas with the strat you get the sparkling trebles. The Twin is perfect for all styles of music with the exception of one's with very heavy distortion (thats not to say it cant handle distortion at all, but it's just not designed to be a metal amp). The true thrill involved in playing this amp is the subtle natural distortion that occurs after it's been played for about an hour that really adds so much richness and intensity to any style of music, giving it that famous Fender crunch. The reverb is a little noisy at higher volumes but it easily makes up for it with the depth it gives to one's playing.

For the type of music I am interested in (everything from Cream and Zepplin to Weezer, Buddy Guy, and Coldplay) I can't imagine owning a better amp, regardless of price. If it were stolen from me I would sell my body to get another one. My favourite setting is to put a little tremolo on with medium reverb on the clean channel and just let the chords take me away. Due to the fact that it is pretty expensive, I spent almost a year researching amps in stores, with experts, friends and websites so I can honestly say this is the best amp for me. I'd like to reiterate that what the Twin does, it does amazingly but my piece of advice when buying an amp is dont buy an amp that doesn't make you feel something, regardless of what the "experts" say is the best.

Although I have only had this amp for about a year, I have put it through some very rigorous play and can easily say I would rely on it to perform in any situation without a back up.

This amp is a Fender Twin (not to be mistaken with the Twin Reverb). The key distinction being that the Twin is the modern rendition of the long line of Twins where as the Twin Reverb is a Reissue of an older Twin. The amp comes with two channels, tremolo, reverb and a little "bright" button to increase the treble. A nice feature about this amp is its ability to be switch off some of its powertubes chaning the power from 100w to 25w which is ideal for say playing in your room. Lastly, the Footswitch is extensive and is, as all Fender footswitches are, very well designed. In terms of features everything this amp does it does well however a headphone jack would be nice but perhahps thats asking too much from an amp of its size.

nirvallica
    Very well done sir. I also have a fender twin. I LOVE it. Although i never really realised how much untill i blew the power tubes and had to rent a dsl for two weeks. Yes its easier to do metal on the dsl but it is so annoying without the right clean and bluesy sounds! Seriously if you're considering buying an amp atleast try this. Properly try it for a long amount of time. The only thing i wouldnt recommend this amp for is modern metal.