Twin Reverb review by Fender

Fender: Twin Reverb

Purchased from: Music Major

As I said pure tube. What else can i say. Iv'e been playin for ~10 years and I haven't had an amp this good since my ~62 Fender bandmaster with the same features; the only difference is that the Twin is compacted into one unit. This amp sounds awesome with my Fender strat and my gibson lespaul. And does good with distortion from my x series hot rod.

I play mostly punk, classic rock, metal on this amp. It doesn't show any feedback unless you give it a mic. If it were stolen id kill the guy who took it by smashing the amp over his head and use his life insurance to buy a new one. I love everything about this amp A++ for anybody. It does every style with any guitar perfect club amp.

This amp has never broken down and ive had it for 2 years and ive done some heavy gigs. I never bring a backup. This thing can blow my drummer through the roof and it even lets him take the roof with him.

- Made in 2004 - amp is pure tube power - 4 biggies and 6 small ones - tube has killer reverb and vibrato - 275w output

druz15_UG
    HELLSHREDD wrote: LINE 6 SPIDERVALVE BLOWS THIS CRAP
    Ha retard, have you ever played one? Line 6 = puke, inside a box, painted to look like an amp
    Pearson
    This is only 2nd to a VOX AC 30, they are so damn good.
    Cocnut Rag : This amp is shit it has no power at all and once you turn it past 6 it makes weird ass buzzing sounds
    It must be your effects or guitar.
    DM036
    I bought my twin reverb from a local shop here in Ohio. I play everything from Classic Rock to Metal to Country, but my favorite style of playing is Blues. This amp has enough power to produce an amazing sound for someone who is just practicing at home or playing a gig. For anyone looking for the clean guitar sound, this amp is it.
    Gitter_Wizard
    First thing i did was cranked it to 10, and it was soo clean. ill write a reveiw later, but its got heavenly tone.
    staatsadam
    I have had it since it came out. The best sounding amp I have ever played. The person who says it sounds bad after six should get the tubes checked. They do break. If that is not it was probably a defect because I outplayed a marshall stack on 10 and there was no buzzing sound. This amp is all you will ever need. You can play a concert with it or a small gig. Sounds great when you add pedals too. This is the best amp by far. Every great musician recorded on a twin reverb in the 60's and the reissue is just as good. The amp is reveared for its pure tone but trust me you can add a distortion pedal and it still sounds good. Great for pure rock sound.
    guckingfuy
    oh and whoever just propped line 6 is a tone deaf douchebag. I've matched and then beat down(not physically, musically) a line 6 player who thought he could out tone me. needless to say he apologized.
    FrettShredder
    I just picked up a Twin reverb and this amp is simply amazing. The cleans through my USA Stratocaster is simply divine and ym Les Paul is all that. All my pedals sound wonderful through this. I use a M.I. Crunchbox drivin with a BBE Green Screamer and it just blows me away. So much headroom and yet sounds awesome at low volume also. I picked this up used off Craigslist for $650 and it was mint condition. New they are $1299.
    ArcherTheVMan
    Cocnut Rag wrote: This amp is shit it has no power at all and once you turn it past 6 it makes weird ass buzzing sounds
    obviously, the ones you have tried wer broken.
    lespaul#1
    Lol, by the way, someone said he picked the Marshall Bluesbreaker because this amp was dirtier than his 30 watt Bluesbreaker.
    lespaul#1
    quote]HELLSHREDD wrote: LINE 6 SPIDERVALVE BLOWS THIS CRAP [/quote] Line 6 is alright, but they base their products on amps like this, for a reason, too.
    Hirschberger
    guitardude1039 wrote: the glue man wrote: WHY DOESN'T ANYBODY EVER POST THE PRICE For the love of God, PLEASE, EVERYBODY, POST THE PRICE I got one for $675 new at a local shop.
    BULL. where?
    JayLacelle
    ECwomantoneman wrote: For all you amp buyers-can you tell me which is better for gigging in quality-a Marshall or a Fender?
    lol...dude thats like saying "which is better apple or oranges?" it totally depends what sound you are looking for.
    guckingfuy
    I got one for 600, secondhand. got it off a friend who didnt have a vehicle to get it around. his MAJOR loss. he paid 1200 and had it for three or four months and gave it to me, it was mint. clean is amazing, and it can handle a lot of ****ing distortion, I usually turn the peddle up a quarter and let the amp do the rest. Beautiful, Beautiful amp well worht the money.
    bede86
    its good enough for Jack White, so it cant be that bad...im thinkin bout tryin one out. upgrading from my hot rod deluxe.
    PRSman20
    BlaketheHero wrote: Is this amp Point to point?
    No, Its PCB unfortunately.
    Zakkcd
    I'm so pissed at my curret lack of money. I could get one off mah clist for $650. Piss!!
    the glue man
    staatsadam
    Oh, and it was made in 2002 or 2003, I know because my dad was with me when I bought it and in 2004 he was dead
    Rockstar12345
    umm guise? if you had the choice of this, the super 'ver, twin 'ver, and the vibroking, which one is the winner?
    Pearson
    RPotts
    Yep, because this is essentially the best sounding new amp. Some of the original Fender amps sound better but this is amazing, absolutely butterlike smooth, thick cleans. Full thick ODs, with a pedal or true tube overdrive if you turn it up past 8 (****ing loud) and just basically amazing.
    MESAexplorer
    Write a review and include the price...it never shows up.
    mark---
    i have a ac30cc
    Freddy_Walker
    Good Work Mate
    wmzbomgzors wrote: price: 1,099 Dollars 875.686 EUR 587.371 GBP 1,253.23 CAD 1,456.92 AUD 1,654.21 NZD
    ECwomantoneman
    moup
    What would this amp sound like with a fender telecaster American or standard, a dunlop 535q wah, mxr phase 90, and an mxr blue box?
    guitardude1039
    I got one for $675 new at a local shop.
    guitardude1039
    But i sold it for around $800 on eBay.. And with that profit I made, I added that to what I had, and got a VOX!!
    mark--- wrote: This is only 2nd to a VOX AC 30, they are so damn good. i have a ac30cc
    YEP thats the one! they kick so much ass dont they?
    leondb
    Anyone who says this amp sounds bad probably didn't plug his guitar into one. I checked out Hot Licks a few days ago and tried this, the Hot Rod Deluxe, and both the 2x12 and 4x10 Hot Rod Devilles... if I can get the Twin Reverb used before the guys sells it, I will, if not, I'm getting the 2x12 HR Deville. I didn't even play either of these amps pass 2, and it was hella loud, and damn right clear!
    iheartemo69
    I own an original 70-something twin reverb and it is just amazing (besides the fact that i think it is the "crappier" model that came out after fender was bought out..). the most amazing sounds come from it, whether clean or rigged up to my line 6 uber metal pedal. there is VERY LITTLE (if any) feedback when i'm all hooked up. i LOVE IT! as well, it withstood many gigs back in the 70s (it was my pop's).
    Cocnut Rag