Ultimate Chorus DSP review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Fender: Ultimate Chorus DSP

Purchased from: Zzounds Music in Chicago

I have used this amp with virtually every guitar I own (over 30 of them,) and in my opinion, this amp is exactly what it was designed to be a cheap, solid state, fenderish amp with the exact type of chorus effect you would expect to be built into an amp. I don't mean to sound too terribly harsh, it's just that in this day of tube emulation and amp modeling, for a company as reputable as Fender to produce an amp that is so extremely mediocre is kind of sad. If you're looking for a good loud amp to jam with in a garage, this is definatly an option. If you're looking for pro-quality gear... keep looking.

I've been playing music since i was 5, been playing guitar for nearly 15 years, and this is probably the one piece of equiptment that I wouldn't bother replacing if it were lost or stolen. What I love about this amp (it's durrability) isn't enough to cover for what I don't like. It is, at best, a mediocre amp with too much power to really be able to push it in a home or recording environment. Remember kids louder does NOT equal better. This is the ONLY amp I've ever gigged with that had more than 50 watts of power, and it's the only amp that I own that I don't really care about. How sad is it when, honestly, the nicest feature that I feel the amp has, is castors.

It's a Fender solid state amp, which, on the bright side means that it's built like a Sherman Tank. I used to use this as a gig amp when I wasn't playing anywhere I really cared about because if it got totalled I wouldn't have been that concerned. I'm giving this amp it's highest score in reliability due in large part to the fact that, like the tone or not, it's gonna sound the same even if you drop it off the back of your van (which i have).

This amp has an effects loop, 2 foot switchable channels, built in chorus (also foot switchable) and 65x2 watts of solid state power.