Ultimate Chorus DSP review by Fender

Fender: Ultimate Chorus DSP

Purchased from: True Spirit Music

I use a Fender Mexican Strat with not teh best pickups in the world and a Zoom 606 guitar multi effect pedal, and this amo delivers great sound with it all combined together. The volume knob on the normal channel (clean) is so sensitive, you turn to about half way between 0-1 and its loud enough for practice to be at a gig and on about number 4 is the loudest I wud use for a gig. The sound it greta and a very large and broad sound on the clean channel great for the neck and brigde pick ups. No matter how loud you have it the normal channel never sounds distorted at high volumes. The EQ feature the standard bass, treble and mid with sounds great personaly for me with treble - 6, mid - 7 and bass - 7. The drive channel however sound abit small even if teh volume is to its max. There not enough power being delivered from it though it sounds good for blues and classic. The chorus sounds very good with a very handy light beside the chorus panel telling the wave frequency with you can change by the rate knob. Changing the strengt of teh chorus is by using the depth knob and overall sounds great, yet sounds like any other chorus you get on amps but has a that little boost to make it sound like your guitar is speaking out with a great tone and character. I've never reacived any buzz coming from the amp, the only buss is from my pedal and my totally s--t pickup with you have to pount either north or south to make them shut up.

I play indie, punk, metal, funk and other sytle my band I'm sure have made up but even so this amps provides great response to them all, with a help of a pedal you have a great set up ready to play towards anyone or any size being its so loud and reliable. I've been playing for about 2 and 1/2 years and have become very god at playing and in my time have actualy had about 4 different amps for gigging, 3 practice and 4 guitars and this amp stands above them all. The thing I love about this amp is its capability to produce a very loud, strong broad sound with the best EQ panel quality and variet I have ever come across. Overall I would recomend this amp toe absolutly everybody for any stlye because it can take any sounds high and low, quiet and loud, trebble and bass. Anything will go guitar, even dogdy mexican strat pickups.

This amp will never let you donw at a gig, it's louder than and broader than most half stacks can ever reach. It's loud for that extra burst in uplifting songs and for metal head and dream for a cheap price aswell. It has not broken down on me, though I've only had for a couple of weeks, but it sencond hand and theres no signed of any repair gone on to it so its very reliable for any situation.

This amp features a 2 x 12 Fender speaker each pumping out 65 watts and a combines 130 watts of loud sound. I'm not sure when this amp was made but considering it specialises in chorus I'm gathering late '80s or early '90s but I could be wrong. This amp is strong and can take any sound at any volume through its speakers. It has 2 drive channels, normal (clean) and overdrive and a chorus channel. Stereo and mono effects loop. This amp is loud and is very sutible for gigging anywhere which is teh exact reason why I looked around to find this amp and discovered that it was convieniently in the music shop closest to me.