Ultimate Chorus DSP review by Fender

Fender: Ultimate Chorus DSP

Purchased from: guitar centre

I use a Gibson Les Paul, and a American Deluxe, play country, classic rock. It sound very good but with the paul it starts sounding like a blown speaker at high volume, no problem with the Strat. Oh and you cant use much bass cause it gets way to muddy. Clean and distotion sounds very good.

Been playing for 20 years, lots of gear. If it were stolen? If I could find a good deal sure it's not a bad amp, just not as loud as some people say. That loud gets sucked up quick in a bar. I choose this as a second amp cause of price, lite, efects, good all in one amp and does it all pretty darn good.

It is dependable, depending on the size of th gig, definately for smaller gigs, sounds great for a do it all amp and is lite to.

2002, 2 channels, switching, efects, I wish this thing had 10 more watts per side, I use it in bars, small clubs, it just dont have the nuts to play larger gigs unless you mic it, people who say its very, very loud never had a Twin, daville, or somthing of that magnetudedoes sound great, but in a club you have to turn the bass down to 4 and mids and treble on 7 or 8 to get a good mix, as for delay, would like to see 2 more settings 1.5 and 2.5 that would do it.

Jason43
    I have this amp too minus the digital effects. It is a decent amp for the price. The clean channel is outstanding. The OD channel is decent for blues to classic hard rock once you get the eq dialed in(and it does take some tweaking). I wouldn't use it for anything more than that. Its loud, but not ear numbing loud like alot of people make it out to be. Its decent for small gigs. The OD channel does seem to put out alot more volume than the clean channel. The chorus and reverb are both very good.
    tymaster00
    Hi. I stumbled upon this forum because I want to add a speaker cabinet to this set up. I bought the amp in 2000, right when it was new and Fender was promoting the DSP effects, etc. I've always been a fan of the Fender chorus 2x12 combo set up. All I can say is that this is a great amp. The best features are its sound, power, and its reliability. This is a very reliable amp. I've been playing it since 2000 and I've never had a problem with it, except for input jack replacement. The amp is really solid. I've dropped it a few times. I've played it loud, and even let people use it. They've played it loud too. I've played Telecasters, Strats, Les Pauls and Epiphone Casino hollowbodies, they all sound great through this amp. The distortion is excellent. I'm into British rock, noise, indie, etc, and this amp is suitable for all of this stuff. I've recorded with this amp various times and It sounded great. Of course, this depends on what you want to do you and your style of playing. A few drawbacks. The flange and some of the effects are weak. A little more low end is desirable. Like the guy from Zsounds wrote - this amp is a bit outdated. The DSP distorts a little at extremely loud volumes. But you have to look at the positives, it is a solid low maintenance amp with good sound and power. I have friends who own Twins and they're always fixing them and tweeking the sound. The distortion on this amp is good, you don't need pedals. That depends on you.
    robertcollins
    I own a Fender Ultra Chorus, which I bought new in 1993. It was the amp that came before the Ultimate Chorus, and the Ultimate Chorus DSP. I changed the speakers to Celestion G12K-100's, and my amp sounds absolutely amazing. I would recommend this change to any one who has one of these amps. As far as durability goes, I have shipped my amp all over the country, and never had any problems with it, ever.
    higherworlds
    Just bought it as a back up amp, my gig amp is a 1974 ampeg VT-22 and that amp is Loud, best tone ive ever played and just plain badass. I was impressed by this fender amp, it takes alot for me to like another amp since im spoiled cuz of my Ampeg, but man this thing is loud, the chorus is great the cleans are good, but i use a pedalboard for distortion (fulltone fuzz, and 2 overdrives) and other effects (delay, reverb, EQ) as a lover of american made amps, for 300 bucks this amp is a deal!
    kevinpaul
    I just bought one on Ebay, I never heard of it. I like big Fender amp and $158.00 was a good deal. I an sick of Vox and fixing them. Vox you are fired!
    Bernardo Gui
    In "The 90's", I owned a Ultra Chorus. Decent amp...loud & clean. In 2012 I bought a 100 watt Twin Amp. KILLER AMP, excellent clean tone, just too damn heavy, weighing in at 90lbs. On Craigslist/DC I found a Ultimate Chorus DSP amp selling for $200. I called the seller & she said the amp broke down and I could have it for free, if I picked it up. I got the amp & it needed a $40 repair. I just used the amp on 3 Reggae gigs last week. THE AMP WAS PERFECT.....EXCELLENT CLEAN TONE. The Distortion channel was great as well. These are amazing amps. Great selection of Reverbs & Chorus effects. Just gonna put this out there: this Fenders' answer to The Roland JC120. Seriously, this is much more than a "practice" amp. This amp Rocks & it Rocks hard !!!!!
    gatorguy4287
    operation ktulu
    gatorguy4287 wrote: OK I OWN THE VERSION OF THIS AMP WITHOUT THE EFFECTS, IT HAS THE REVERB AND CHORUS. AND THIS IS THE BEST AMP I HAVE EVER PLAYED!! AND THE LOUDEST!! THE DISTORTION IS SO AWESOME AND SO IS THE CLEAN!! BUY THIS ONE!!!! ROCK ON!!!
    Ha same here, I don't use the distortion because I have a RP 50, i love this thing.