GG-25 review by Gorilla

Gorilla: GG-25

Well right now, I'm just using a Fender Starcaster, with stock pickups, and it sounds pretty ok for a little practice amp. I got this amp back when I played a lot of Black Sabbath, and to be honest, it sounded pretty darn close. It gets a fair amound of feedback when you turn it all the way up, but nothing harsh. As for variety, eh, not here. But like I said, it's got that older, overdriven rock sound to it, and that's about it.

As I've said before, starter amp, but overall, I'm made a decent choice. Good older rock sound. This amp sounds pretty good, and handles pedals well, my Bad Monkey sounds great on this amp. If it were stole/lost, it wouldn't break my heart, I'd only be said because it has memories, but I've got better amps.

This is a pretty good amp, but I'm never going to gig with it, it's just a good starter amp. If I were to gig with it, I wouldn't worry at all about anything going wrong with this amp, this thing is tough. But I've never had any problems with it, and it was prett old when I got it about a year back. I've got pics in my profile if you care to look.

I don't know which year this amp was made in, because I just bought it from a friend. The amp isn't really versatile, it's just a simple solid state amp. Just maily like AC/DC, Black Sabbath types of sounds, like old overdriven, rock sounds. It does not have channel switching, just one channel (clean, but if you turn it up, it sort of breaks up). No effects loop. It does however have a headphone jack. It's a pretty good amp for bedroom practice, but you'll never use it with a drummer.

TheBax
    I just plugged my Bad Monkey into this, and this thing was a monster! It sounded SO GOOD! I couldn't believe my ears. It originally has an older rock sound to it, but with a good OD, this thing is a little high-gain monster! ...just had to say that.