T-60R review by Guitar Research

Guitar Research: T-60R

Purchased from: Sam Ash

This amp is very versitle, I can get all types of sound from it. I play with an ESP M that I upgraded with a KH-21 pickup set, and this thing screams. The harmonics (natural and pitched) are amazing, there is brilliant sustain, and the clean sounds pretty good, it rivals most fenders' clean. Great quality sound overall, and for the price you can't beat it.

For only $200 you can't beat it, you can barely get small Fender and Marshall for the price, and what your would get would be solid state, not tube. I play some jazz and blues, some Spanish style, but mostly rock and metal, and this amp can do it all, just play around with the EQ, and you will find some settings. Another point is that setting are easy to find with this amp, some Messas take a while to find a setting, then when you do sometimes you realize that you are not too fond of it. Overall, this amp is great you can't beat the price, it is loud, and sound quality is good.

Well, I have had the amp for over a year, and it is still screaming. I have had no problems so far and it still sounds great, soon I will need to replace the tubes, but I'm sure sam ash will be cool, but even if the amp only lasts for three years it is still a great investment, you can barely get a 20 watt solid state amp from Fender or Marshall for $200, so I think the amp is worth your while.

This is a 60watt tube amp (tube pre-amp), and is a cheap alternative to Messa, Marshall, and Fender. It has two channels; clean, with a master volume, gain, bass, and treble controls, and an overdrive, with a master volume, gain, bass, middle, and treb controls, and it has a spring reverb. For only $200 you cant beat it.

stemic
    it sounds nothing like a solid state, it will sound brighter, but just not as much as a full-tube, it is stil better then a solid state
    numbfinger
    that thing sucks they gave it a ten on sound ...wtf anything GR has put out is utter crap for n00bs to cheap out on and not be happy with in a few months
    guitarplayer180
    i just bought a guitar research half stack(full tube amp). these amps are not for new players!!! ive been playing for 7 years, my friend has a marshal half stack(solid state) and my G.R. amp whoops that thing. so if your looking for a GREAT new amp buy one of the G.R. half stacks and you'll never need a new amp again, unless of course you break it.
    Butthead
    The half stacks are awesome, they basically are a cheaper Avt head. I love the thing, and I've put it through at least 50 small gigs and never had a problem with it.
    wfro_07
    I just bought this amp, and am totaly amazed by it. i just had a jam session, and totally put my buddies 100 watt marshal to shame. o and by the way i am no noob, i have been playing for 11 years, and this is one of the best amps i have ever used!
    losing battle
    Those things are spastic at best, Sometimes they kick ass, but most of the time your left with a very flat sound. They are a hell of allot of fun with the boss demo display. But the best part of that amp is the by far the reverb. Mine met its end valentines day two years ago because it decided to suck that day. Anybody know where one can buy an input jack for amps?
    grumpytech
    where do you get parts for these pieces of junk...every one i've seen has a dead power transformer in it....someone told me it was schecter
    tommyzeek
    No Way these sound lie solid state. I get warm tones to insane crunches all tube driven. Try the 250.00 half stack. The only problem i ever had is the the tolex covering is thin and cheap rips easy . Big deal these amps are monsters. Don't knock em till you try em . They are all i play out of.