T-60R review by Guitar Research

Guitar Research: T-60R

Purchased from: Sam Ash

All my gutars have humbucking pickups. 1 Epiphone Zakk Wylde LP w/EMG's, 1 custm built w/Duncan Hot Rod's, 1 PRS w/Duncans, 1 Squier M-80 w/custom Duncans, 1 GR Semi Hollow Body w/custom 59' humbuckers. I cover rock and blues mostly. Clean and bright to crunchy or smooth sound, all is good. Distortion is adiquate for my needs.

Been playing 30+ years mostly as a hobby. I own 3 other amps right now 2 Crates both 60w, 1 Gibson 100w head. I chose this amp in researching the best buy (biggest bang for the buck) in a tube or hybryd tube amp. I believe I got more than I expected (by far) in this case.

Never had a problem with this amp. I have never used it at a gig but a few people I know have used mine while I listened to it. They were happy with it's perfomance and sound, and as a member of the audience and knowing what I paid for that amp, I was more than happy myself.

Got this amp on closeout sale because it was affordable. The surprise was how great it sounds and performs. Have had many guitars and amps over past 35 years, but never been this happy with an amp. I enjoy letting other guitar players plug into this thing, and watching their faces change from sceptic to amazed. My neighbor has always played through a Fender tube is constantly borrowing this T-60 from me now that he tried it out. Very versitile, 2 channels, PLENTY of power, didn't come with foot Switch for channel switching but one can be built for $10-$20, GREAT TONE not flat sounding at all. I currently own 5 guitars and no matter which one I plug into this amp, it sounds superb. Although it's only a tube preamp it produces rich warm full tone. I have never owned a combo amp that sounds as good as this one.

Wilsdawg
    I've had my GR T60 combo amp for probably 10 years now, and I would never imagine getting rid of it. It was my first real amp. It has been since relegated to practice/back up duty ( I play a twin amp JCM2000/1968 Fender Bassman setup now), but still going super strong. Never changed the tubes, still fires right up! Only thing is that the reverb crapped out and the input jack is a little wonky from plugging in so many times! All my musician friends always are amazed at how this amp sounds when I bust this thing out. Sounds downright gnarly on bass guitar too! I plan on giving this amp to my kids when they start to play guitar. (THEY WILL HAVE NO CHOICE MUHAHAHAHAHA)