VL-10 review by Guitar Research

Guitar Research: VL-10

I use a lot of distortion and this has a lot of it so I'm happy with it. Has heavy distortion that is changeable. It is never noisy because seldom do I hear my parents complain about it. It has a lot of variety and can be used with a guitar or bass an infinite variety. The clean settings stay clean no matter how high the volume goes up, as a matter of fact the higher the volume the more it sounds acoustic. The distortion is not brutal at all it's only 15 watts.

I play all rock and slow rock and could probibly work with country too but I don't play that so I wouldn't know. I've been playing for about a year now and own a guitar (electric) and a bass (electric) and a keyboard that also works well on this. There is nothing I could have asked because it came with my guitar. This is an amazing amp and it is cheap so I would have no problem buying it again. I love the distortion and it's easy to move size, I hate nothing about it. I wish it had different kinds of distortion.

I can depend on this thing for band practice but I wouldn't use it in a concert because of it's lack of volume, hence 15 watts. this has never broken down or screwed up I only have trouble with the amp chords that hook up to the guitar but it's not this amps fault it's mine.

This amp is made for any thing you want it to play with its clean/distorted channel. This amp has a clean, distorted (button), low, high, and volume (knobs labeled 1-10). It has a headphone jack, input/output and on/off. I wish this model had a built-in tuner and different styles of distortion, ex. aquas. I think it would save money in buying a pedal and tuner. Considering it is my only amp I use it everywhere, it has more than enogh power for me but when I play with my band it could use a bit more. This is only 8" by 8" so it is easy to move from place to place.

Weybl Himself
    twistedmaggot wrote: wait, you said in your review its 15 watts but the first sentence from UG says its 8watts :S confused
    He'd be quoting the peak power, which is always around double the RMS power. The RMS is the one that tells you what the amp is really capable of as it spends most of the time operating at that level. And this guy has obviously never used another amp.
    fret13
    nope youre right this came with the beginners pack for my guitar and ive never used another amp, but ive almost enough money for one i see in a magazine but i cant recall what brand it is so im gonna have to check before i buy it.
    ultimateloser25
    this amp sucks bad. its the only one i have. i might be getting halfstack later this year. HELL YEAH BOI!
    supersumo13
    this is my first amp. i bought it for 25 bucks and it sounds like it. im saving up my money so i can get rid of this pos.
    Guitarandbass
    I run through a bass amp in my band. It sucks (The amp). But i finally got a better guitar. (800 bucks at guitar center and sam ash and i got it for 640 at another place and sold back one of my guitars so it was 100 more off ending at 540 bucks) now im saving up for a really nice amp. Got about 5 bucks. Im well on my way. Can anyone reccomend to me a loud guitar amp thats less than 300. No effects though. Just loud. Ibanez S620 is my new guitar. check it out.
    Velcro Man
    I bought one of these for $10 and it's a fucking awesome bedroom amp...for the right sounds. It's not a metal amp...so I'm assuming all the 15 year old beginners that say it sounds like ass are disappointed it doesn't sound like slayer. It's excellent for playing clean stuff and overdrive stuff. If you play jazz, blues, country or classic rock...give it a chance. You can usually pick them up for like $15 on ebay.
    twistedmaggot
    andrew789
    this sucks!!!i bought it from sam ash for $40 and have regreted it every day scence then. (its been over a year). its a sorry excuse for a beginer amp. and when you take the distortion off and play it clean, you cant even hear it! its a 15 watt piece of crap.
    andrew789
    Cobalt Blue
    in my experience, as far as begginer amps go, if your not paying atleast 100 new it's not worth it.. and anymore than 100 you might aswell save up for something good.
    595Metallica595 wrote: he probably means his school band. :O
    no im talking about my garage band and for everyone who says it sucks it probibly does to other amps this is my first and only amp so that is my sorry exuse.
    fret13
    listen thanks for the input guys this really helps me clear up what my next amp should be.