VL-10 Review

manufacturer: Guitar Research date: 08/15/2006 category: Guitar Amplifiers

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Guitar Research: VL-10
Here's an amp that can stomp with the big dogs! This 8 watt MINI amp has a 5" speaker, input jack, headphone jack and controls for volume, overdrive, high and low tone.
 7.4
 9.5
 5.2
 4,221
review (1) 16 comments vote for this gear:
VL-10 Reviewed by: fret13, on august 15, 2006

Features: This amp is made for any thing you want it to play with its clean/distorted channel. This amp has a clean, distorted (button), low, high, and volume (knobs labeled 1-10). It has a headphone jack, input/output and on/off. I wish this model had a built-in tuner and different styles of distortion, ex. aquas. I think it would save money in buying a pedal and tuner. Considering it is my only amp I use it everywhere, it has more than enogh power for me but when I play with my band it could use a bit more. This is only 8" by 8" so it is easy to move from place to place. // 10

Sound: I use a lot of distortion and this has a lot of it so I'm happy with it. Has heavy distortion that is changeable. It is never noisy because seldom do I hear my parents complain about it. It has a lot of variety and can be used with a guitar or bass an infinite variety. The clean settings stay clean no matter how high the volume goes up, as a matter of fact the higher the volume the more it sounds acoustic. The distortion is not brutal at all it's only 15 watts. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I can depend on this thing for band practice but I wouldn't use it in a concert because of it's lack of volume, hence 15 watts. this has never broken down or screwed up I only have trouble with the amp chords that hook up to the guitar but it's not this amps fault it's mine. // 8

Overall Impression: I play all rock and slow rock and could probibly work with country too but I don't play that so I wouldn't know. I've been playing for about a year now and own a guitar (electric) and a bass (electric) and a keyboard that also works well on this. There is nothing I could have asked because it came with my guitar. This is an amazing amp and it is cheap so I would have no problem buying it again. I love the distortion and it's easy to move size, I hate nothing about it. I wish it had different kinds of distortion. // 10

More Guitar Research reviews rating category latest review