HB-20G Review

manufacturer: Harley Benton date: 01/23/2008 category: Guitar Amplifiers

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Harley Benton: HB-20G
 6.6
 5.2
 7,183
review (1) 4 comments vote for this gear:
HB-20G Reviewed by: andrewpledger, on january 23, 2008

Purchased from: Thomann

Features: I mostly play classic rock and metal and this amp suits the styles well. It has 1 clean and 1 OD channel with adjustible gain. It has treble, middle and bass equalisers plus a headphone jack and a line out plug. I only really use this amp in my room for practice (with headphones in) but I have used it playing a jam session and it had plenty of power. It is a solid state amp and has sepreate volume control for OD and clean channels. // 8

Sound: I use a HMBS620TR guitar that came with it and I vary between pickups. When the gain is too high the amp has quite a bit of hiss even when the volume on the guitar is turned down but when you are playing you don't really notice it. The amp can create a wide variety of sounds from classsic rock to black metal but I still feel the need for a multi effects processor. The clean channel is very good and by adjusting the tone on my guitar I can get it to sound almost acoustic. The distrotion on this amp is perfect for black metal but a bit too heavy for lighter styles. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This amp has never broken even after several knocks and I am confident it will last for a good deal longer. If was playing a gig I would be confident without a backup but if I had another amp I would bring it along just in case. The amp has rubber corner protectors that seem to absorb and shocks very well without damaging themselves or the amp itself. // 9

Overall Impression: When played with my HBMS620TR this amp is able to caters for my needs very well. If it was lost or stolen I would by the same one again. The stlying of the amp is very good and it looks like a high qualty amp. The only additon I would make is some basic effects like echo and chorus but that would inevitibly raise the price. // 8

Comments