HBAC-30 review by Harley Benton

Harley Benton: HBAC-30

Price paid: € 85

Purchased from: Thomann

The sound, keeping in mind the type of amp this is, is satfactory. The cleans are good, the 'tone' is a nice feature, as I already said, but it's quite light. I've used my Boss ML 2 with it and it's given off a good sound for what it is. I also used it sometimes as a keyboard amp, not bad.

This amp seems to be mainly for accoustic guitar, altough I've used it for some thrash metal practice and it works just fine for rock/heavy metal with a distortion/OD pedal. Obviously it will do for other contemporary styles. Having said that with keeping in mind it's main use if for using at sites without electricity, which makes it ideal for playing at outdoor activities like picnics, busking ect... Something I would like to point out is, that this amplfier can be really LOUD. So for normal practice I'd bet a 10W what do the trick well. I was planning on taking it to regular trips to school but firstly it's very heavy, so you'll easily tire of carrying it around, and it's way louder than I immagined. I wish the charging system would be a bit better and if it weren't so heavy I'd lug it around a lot more than I do.

This amp seems dependable enough...for the price I wouldn't really expect more. A fault I had found with it is it's battery system. Apperently, you never have to let the battert go flat, but when it's at around 10% you have to re-charge it. Failing to do that (happened to me) the led charge indicator refused to light until a couple of hours...and I'm sure the battery wasn't very happy about it.

This is a small 30-watt solid state Harley Benton amplifier it's main feature being it runs on a battery. (The amp claims to run for up to 8 hours, it really lasts, for bedroom use it would last me a week before needing a re-charge. The first thing I had noticed when I had first tried it out it that it's a loud little bugger, I even use it for band practice sometimes! It features british EQ and it has a tone knob provides some light overdrive which is a nice thing to have. It has two inputs, which is very useful which are ideal for another instrument (as long as it's not cranked) or a vocalist. There is also a headphone output jack. For an inexpensive portable amplifier I'm quite satified with what it has to offer.

rv_phoenix
    It's not much for 30W. I don't think other portable amps are lighter than this one. Weight is not an issue, though. Wait and see how it works next year. Harley Benton is not a brand reputed for quality, your ratings have already suggested that. I know many amps are made in China, but let me assert that, from the very beginning, a Kustom made in China works much better than a HB.
    Ryandano
    Hey everyone I have one of these and when I plug it in - it works if I plug into the 12V cigarette power but not if I plug into the normal 12v DC. Anyone know what's going on? Anyone have the manual they could send me?
    Rallad
    Usually when charging, it takes an hour for the LED indicator to show you it it actually is doing its job on the normal DC input. If it's low on battery, it takes a long time charging. Try leaving it for a whole day.