H1516 review by Harmony

• Reviewer's score: 5 Decent

Purchased from: Used

I'm using an Ibanez RG321 custom throough it with humbuckers and single coils, and there's not a lot of difference. It's just an amplifier, nothing else, no effects, not even gain. It's not all that good for playing to music, just for practicing (if you don't mind playing clean).

As I said before, it's only good for practicing in small rooms. It's not loud, there's no distortion, and it quits on me when I mess with the knobs. The only good thing is that it has 2 inputs. Other than that it's just an ordinary 20-30 year old amp.

I wouldn't depend on this at all, even looking at it makes me nervous. I'm not sure how old it is, and sometimes it quits at high volumes. I use it for messing around every once in a while, to get a clean vintage sound, but that's all I would use it for!

This amp looks like it's 20-30 years old. It's a combo amp that's about a foot wide and a foot and a half tall. I don't know that wattage (It doesn't say on it) but it sounds like a 10-15 watt amp. The only knobs are tone and volume, it's one of those turn the knob to turn on, like radios in some older cars.

Steevee Jay
    Dont know much about your paticular model , BUT , Harmony made some pretty dodgy stuff ! . In particular , they made a thinngg called a "HARMONY 400A " ,Which had no mains transformer, I would'nt let anyone i love use an amp that isnt isolated from mains supply . this was a valve amp , the output valve was a 50c5 beam power pentode , which had a really high heater voltage [50volts]. and was connected straight to 110 volt mains with one resistor connected in series. if that was a bit Technical , I'll put it another way, Its like playing with a freaked out rattle snake, great fun ,,till you get bitten.I know im pissing all over a different model ,but i'd still have a tech check that the circuitry is sound before plugged such a sweet guitar in it . regards