Panther P200 review by Hohner

• Reviewer's score: 6.3 Neat
Hohner: Panther P200

I use my Stagg X300, fake Strat and a semi-electric. I does not really fit metal and punk as a amp alone, but it handles effects very well. As I said the amp is only good for clean tones on its own. It has only got one bit overdriven channel. Distortion? Don't make me laugh, I'm glad I got my Boss effects.

It doesn't match what I'm playing very well, I got it for something that would be concidered about enough with it's quality rating. But still I love this amp. It handles cleans so good, and I need that sometimes. But, if you would give me money for a good tube amp, I would glady throw it out of the window.

It is very rely-able, I don't know how many times it fell over in my dad's MPV taking me to guitar lessons. I haven't gigged with it, it lacks tone for it acctually.

Amp was bought from someone who got if from his uncle, he lated admitted, and his uncle got it from a friend, so I have no clue how old it is. This amp is only good for clean sounds if you ask me, overdrive and treble make the entire thing sound cheap. I always keep everything but volume, master and middle on 0. I use it at home, since my fellow guitarist in my band has a proper amp with 2 entries. It's got enough power to give me some official warnings from the police tough.